Pi3 + iqaudio dac+ + pi supply power switch Project

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

Pi3 + iqaudio dac+ + pi supply power switch Project

Postby duju » 04 Oct 2016, 10:14

I am new to all things raspberry pi and have managed to get raspi3 rune + iqaudio working and sounding good.
Very pleased with rune but i now want to develop my project and fit a soft shutdown and on switch and a light to tell when its on or off because i am worried about plugging the power lead in and out of the pi.
I am thinking of using pi supply on/off power switch and eventually making a enclosure for it.

I know nothing about coding the pi supply switch needs a small piece of code to perform a power off I know how to shh and run nano but thats about it, My Question is how do i get the code into rune I really need a walk-through thank you for your consideration for helping me
duju

Re: Pi3 + iqaudio dac+ + pi supply power switch Project

Postby Michocs17141 » 27 Apr 2017, 12:40

Sorry I can't help you. I am in the exact same position than you... Pi3 + iqaudio... And newbit in all this world. Did you found any detailed solution ? I am very very interested !!!

Thanks a lot.
Michocs17141

Postby ianhaynes » 27 Apr 2017, 14:11

The IQAudio site has a code example for adding a switch to turn the Pi off. You'll also find details of how to install and run scripts here on the forum.

I'm building my Pi + IQAudio Dac+ into a box with a linear PSU and wanted to switch the whole thing off properly. I've ended up switching an LED on from the GPIO pins when the Pi boots up, and when it shuts down, am safe to switch mains power off when this LED goes out. Not quite as good as a full automatic switch-off but an adequate solution for other members of the family.

Ian
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby McFly » 20 Oct 2017, 17:51

ianhaynes wrote:The IQAudio site has a code example for adding a switch to turn the Pi off. You'll also find details of how to install and run scripts here on the forum.

I'm building my Pi + IQAudio Dac+ into a box with a linear PSU and wanted to switch the whole thing off properly. I've ended up switching an LED on from the GPIO pins when the Pi boots up, and when it shuts down, am safe to switch mains power off when this LED goes out. Not quite as good as a full automatic switch-off but an adequate solution for other members of the family.

Ian
I was thinking something much simpler : just installing in serie on the power cable a nc (normally closed ) button switch. Since you can power off rune in the mpd, you just have to press the button to re-open the PI. It acts exactly lile unpluging and repluging!

Sent from my Armor using Tapatalk
McFly

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to DIY and tweaks