Permanent web UI "spinner"

Raspberry Pi related support

Permanent web UI "spinner"

Postby markvr » 04 Feb 2015, 00:24

I'm not sure if this is Pi specific, but I'm running on a B+ if it's relevant, using the latest 0.3 release.

Everyone works fantastically for a day or so, then suddenly the UI will have a permanent "spinner" over it. And by "permanent", I mean it! Rebooting the Pi makes no difference. Once it's come back up on the network again, if I visit the rune page I have the spinner again. The only way I have to clear it is to reflash the SD Card with a clean image, which isn't a great solution!

I've mostly tried in Chrome, but FireFox is the same.

There isn't much in the Chrome dev tools console except for:
"pushstream.min.1405717429.js:1 'WebSocket.URL' is deprecated. Please use 'WebSocket.url' instead."
which I think is irrelevant.

I've tried enabling Rune-dev (how-to-update-the-runeui-via-git-t547.html), and at the "clear" line, I get:
Code: Select all
[root@runeaudio libs]# curl -s -X GET 'http://localhost/clear'

Warning: socket_connect(): unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /srv/http/app/libs/runeaudio.php on line 296
PHP OPCACHE CLEARED[root@runeaudio libs]#

That line refers to Spotify which I have just enabled, but I also had this problem without Spotify, although I didn't try the dev thing then.

This is with the latest 0.3 build:
RuneOs: 0.3-beta (build 20141029)
RuneUI: 1.3
Hw-env: RaspberryPi

I also have an IQAudio card.

I can't find any other logs on the SDcard to supply, but if someone can point me at them I'll upload anything helpful.

Any suggestions? !

I can't find anyone else having problems in the forums, but my setup is very standard. I've literally just flashed the SD card, and added a Samba mount from my NAS. It works for a few hrs or a day, and then crashes like this and I have to flash the SD Card again.

I'd love to get it working because otherwise Rune looks awesome!!
markvr

Re: Permanent web UI "spinner"

Postby skrodahl » 04 Feb 2015, 00:53

Hi markvr,
Did you also perform the update of RuneAudio that was described in the post that you linked to? If so, collecting the debug info would be a good idea.
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

Postby markvr » 04 Feb 2015, 01:14

I updated from the command line and rebooted after my original post and it seems to have cleared the "spinner" for now, I'll see if it reoocurs!

Unfortunately I can't generate the debug logs using that method when this occurs, because the UI isn't usable. Is there a way to generate the logs from the cmd line?
markvr

Postby skrodahl » 04 Feb 2015, 07:21

There isn't any way of generating the debug information from the command line. This information doesn't change very much, you can do it before the UI crashes.

Anyway, there has been a lot of changes in the code. If you hadn't updated before, it will most certainly have fixed your problems now.
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi