Option to see song path

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Option to see song path

Postby moshel » 22 Jul 2015, 01:46

I have a few libraries on a USB drive I am playing from. Some are FLAC, some MP3 and some MP3 with high sampling rate.
I am converting my CD collection to FLAC but it is a slow tedious process. And there are problems. Sometimes I hear a song that was cut prematurely during the rip process or has jitter. currently its is very hard to pinpoint what physical file has the problem - would appreciate a menu item to see the path. Can be in the queue view. I play shuffled so it makes finding the right folder even harder.
moshel

Re: Option to see song path

Postby ACX » 22 Jul 2015, 11:01

Hi moshel, this is a feature that I always felt the need of too. It has already been developed, but in the new backend we are working on, so it will not see the daylight in the near future.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby moshel » 07 Aug 2016, 08:08

Hi,

Has this been implemented yet?

Regards,
Moshe
moshel

Postby ACX » 08 Aug 2016, 23:45

moshel wrote:Hi,

Has this been implemented yet?

Regards,
Moshe

Yes, but as I wrote it will appear on the next version of RuneAudio.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby moshel » 15 Aug 2016, 04:44

Hi,

Actually, what you wrote is "so it will not see the daylight in the near future" :D

Is there a way to see the features implemented in the next release?

Best regards,
Moshe
moshel

Postby irishwill2008 » 15 Aug 2016, 15:43

ACX wrote:Yes, but as I wrote it will appear on the next version of RuneAudio.

When is the next version coming out?
irishwill2008

Postby ACX » 16 Aug 2016, 14:51

moshel wrote:Is there a way to see the features implemented in the next release?

Yes, waiting for the next release indeed :)
The next release, as we already wrote multiple times around the forum (please search before asking again and again), will be based on a brand new code base, which is basically an almost complete rewrite of the old system. Some things are still missing to get a ready to publish version, and our time is very limited lately, so I'm sorry but I can't give you an ETA. And keeping asking about it will not speed up development :) I hope you understand.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby LeVolatile » 03 Sep 2016, 01:53

Hi moshel,

I have a few libraries on a USB drive I am playing from. Some are FLAC, some MP3 and some MP3 with high sampling rate. I am converting my CD collection to FLAC but it is a slow tedious process.

I fully agrea with you!
And there are problems. Sometimes I hear a song that was cut prematurely during the rip process or has jitter.

Well the best way I know to do this is using EAC (Exact Audio Copy), http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/
to extract to .wav then use Foobar 2000 to convert then to FLAC. EAC create a playlist that respect the CD songs order but to be able to use it, you need to open the playlist file with a simple text editor. Then using Find & Replace function to change every file extension in the list. It's certainly not the fastest way to do but it allows to check at every step if all is fine. Personally I don't listen to every converted file, just the beginning and the end to make sure its complete. EAC as an embedded converter that is supposed to produce FLAC directly but I never successfully used it.
currently its is very hard to pinpoint what physical file has the problem - would appreciate a menu item to see the path. Can be in the queue view. I play shuffled so it makes finding the right folder even harder.

For now what you can do to see the song path while you're navigating your collection is making this GUI mod http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/post14990.html#p14990 posted by Waves. It will not show you the path of each songs in the queue but I thing that it's better then nothing.

I have experiences some jitter or unwanted dropouts me too but I discoverer that I did n't come from the converted files because I was unable to reproduce the problem at the same place with the same file. It seen to happen randomly in an unpredictable way. I tried 3 music players on my Raspi: Rune, Volumio 1.55 and Moodeaudio. They are 3 good players and are all good for different reasons. They sounds the same to my ears. Moode is my preferred for the features but the worst concerning dropouts. Rune is the best concerning speed and reliability. Volumio is somewhere in between.

Hope it helps

LeVolatile
LeVolatile

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request