No Wifi connection if SSID name has ' character

Please report any bug found here

No Wifi connection if SSID name has ' character

Postby keithknow » 22 Jan 2016, 20:33

As the title suggest, No Wifi connection if SSID name has ' character. To be more clear,if the SSID name has an apostrophe in it's name, no WiFi connection possible.
var live = music;
keithknow

Re: No Wifi connection if SSID name has ' character

Postby ACX » 24 Jan 2016, 17:43

Hi keithknow, this is a known bug we'll get rid of in the future versions of RuneAudio. Thank you for your feedback.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby malachy » 23 Feb 2016, 20:38

Just a note that I came across a similar problem also using a special characters, my SSID was ~\|foobar|/~ so you can see some problems parsing that!
malachy

Postby paul.s » 24 Aug 2016, 03:44

Same issue with many special characters like # in the ssid name. It creates oddly named profiles, and doesn't save the ssid correctly in the profile. Chops off everything starting at the special character. It also won't show the created profile in the gui.

My suggestion, allow people to name the profile in the gui, and/or give more sane profile names (like remove all non alphanumeric characters), and html encoding and decoding to get the ssid correct in the profile (oh how fun with all the various character sets)

My work around, manually created the profile
paul.s

Postby hondagx35 » 24 Aug 2016, 10:40

Hi paul.s

My suggestion, allow people to name the profile in the gui, and/or give more sane profile names (like remove all non alphanumeric characters), and html encoding and decoding to get the ssid correct in the profile (oh how fun with all the various character sets)

Rune is OpenSource, so it would be great to get you for help.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report