Newbie - Full Library Not Being Detected - Shared Win Folder

Raspberry Pi related support

Newbie - Full Library Not Being Detected - Shared Win Folder

Postby Jobber8742 » 14 Jan 2017, 22:32

Working on my first setup and I'm having a couple problems. The biggest problem is that my library is only partially being detected and what is being detected seems very random. My files are a server machine running Windows 10. I have shared my directory and have it open to all users on my network. I mounted the folder to my runeaudio library and it began detected the music, but for some reason, it is only finding about 5% of the files. Folder structure is /Music/Artist Name/Album. The Runeaudio library will randomly find 1 or 2 songs in an album folder of 10-12 and will only find some of the albums under random artists. Not sure where I'm going wrong. My Pi is a Pi3 with a official Pi 7" Touchscreen and a HiFiBerry Digi+. It is hooked to the network with the onboard WiFi adapter.

Any idea what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

Also, I'd like to make the screen go into standby after a set amount of time and wake it on a touch. When I had the screen power temporarily hooked up the the USB port on the Pi it'd do that, but for permanent power, I soldered the power from the screen to the HiFi Berry and it quit going to standby and the screen stays on all the time. Is there a command to make it go to standby after x amount of time?
Jobber8742

Re: Newbie - Full Library Not Being Detected - Shared Win Fo

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Jan 2017, 02:18

Hi Jobber8742,

The biggest problem is that my library is only partially being detected and what is being detected seems very random.

Indexing your music library is done by MPD.
Sometimes MPD is a bit bitchy in doing this.
You can try to enable debug mode on the dev page.
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dev (xx ip address from your pi)
After doing that you should find log files in /var/log/runeaudio
Please check mpd.log for errors.

Also, I'd like to make the screen go into standby after a set amount of time and wake it on a touch.

Yes, this can be done by editing the file /root/.xinitrc (don't forget the dot)
Code: Select all
# turn off screensaver
#xset -dpms &
xset dpms 0 0 30 &
hondagx35

Postby Jobber8742 » 15 Jan 2017, 03:47

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Jobber8742,

The biggest problem is that my library is only partially being detected and what is being detected seems very random.

Indexing your music library is done by MPD.
Sometimes MPD is a bit bitchy in doing this.
You can try to enable debug mode on the dev page.
http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dev (xx ip address from your pi)
After doing that you should find log files in /var/log/runeaudio
Please check mpd.log for errors.

Also, I'd like to make the screen go into standby after a set amount of time and wake it on a touch.

Yes, this can be done by editing the file /root/.xinitrc (don't forget the dot)
Code: Select all
# turn off screensaver
#xset -dpms &
xset dpms 0 0 30 &

Thanks for the help. I got the log. Every time I click the rebuild library button it'll add a file or two or sometimes not any. There are probably about 1000 in this test library that have yet to be loaded in the system.

Your suggestion worked great for the standby mode. So, one problem down and one to go.
Jobber8742

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Jan 2017, 11:22

Hi Jobber8742,

I got the log.

Where is it? Any errors in mpd.log?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Jobber8742 » 15 Jan 2017, 13:20

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Jobber8742,

I got the log.

Where is it? Any errors in mpd.log?

Frank

I can't figure out how to get the .log file over to my Windows machine to share it. I have started to get several errors like these below:

"Jan 15 05:44 : errno: Failed to open file /mnt/MPD/NAS/Media Server 2/Artist Name/Album Name/song name.mp3: Input/output error"
"Jan 15 05:44: ffmpeg/mp3: Estimated duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate"
"Jan 15 05:44: ffmpeg/mp3: Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Video: mjpeg, none): unspecified size"
"Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options"

There are no movies in these folders, but there are album covers in .jpg format.
Jobber8742

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Jan 2017, 14:55

Hi Jobber8742,

I can't figure out how to get the .log file over to my Windows machine to share it

The easiest way is to use a sftp program like WinSCP.
user = root
password = rune

"Jan 15 05:44 : errno: Failed to open file /mnt/MPD/NAS/Media Server 2/Artist Name/Album Name/song name.mp3: Input/output error"

It seems like you have a permission problem.
Please compare the files that get loaded with the ones that didn't.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Jobber8742 » 15 Jan 2017, 15:48

I was able to get the log file saved but the website says I can't attach it. I sent you a Dropbox link in PM.

I looked at the files and they didn't look like they were set up any different. I did have a bunch of .xml files in the folders for metadata in Emby a media server program. They don't use that format anymore, so I deleted all the .xml files and it seemed to help a bit. Rune found about 100 files it didn't before but far from all of them still though.
Jobber8742

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi