[SOLVED] My report about issues after a reboot

Please report any bug found here

[SOLVED] My report about issues after a reboot

Postby Aleverz » 17 Jan 2015, 20:14

Hello,

At first and as many people already did, I would like to thank you for your hard work ! I was looking for a distrib to use with Spotify, I tried Musicbox at first but yours is cleary prettier to use.

Here is my report (I'm using a RPi B+ with Hifiberry DAC+) :
- It's sad that we can't navigate through albums and artists with RuneAudio, but I read somewhere that you already know that and can't do better by now because of Spotify
- I'm using a Hifiberry Dacplus and after each reboot, I gotta go to the options to set it back to default. Isn't there any way to fix it by ourselves before the next patch gets out ?
- Plus, kinda linked to the previous one, my Spotify list of playlists is empty (when I click on Spotify under "Library", it loads the page but shows a single empty playlist called "Undefined") after each reboot, and the playlists only appear after I fixed the Audio Output thing (see previous point).
- I just can't use usb-key. When I plug it on, it gets recognized on web interface, but when I click on it under Libraby, nothing happens. I tried to format it with Gparted as Fat32, tried to put FLAC and MP3 aswell, even on the root, nothing used to work.
- I can't set a static ip adress, but this issue was already reported ; I used the MAC adress thing to have the same IP at each boot.

I know some issues were already reported, but as I had multiple one, I posted them all here. Hope you can fix it soon, or maybe tell me some way to do it by myself.

Thanks !
Last edited by Aleverz on 22 Jan 2015, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.
Aleverz

Re: My report about issues after a reboot

Postby hondagx35 » 17 Jan 2015, 22:24

Hi Aleverz,

is your system up to date?
If not try to update via git pull:
how-to-update-the-runeui-via-git-t547.html

- I just can't use usb-key. When I plug it on, it gets recognized on web interface, but when I click on it under Libraby, nothing happens. I tried to format it with Gparted as Fat32, tried to put FLAC and MP3 aswell, even on the root, nothing used to work.

Did you rebuild your MPD library after inserting the usb-key?
hondagx35

Postby robertinjo » 17 Jan 2015, 23:33

- It's sad that we can't navigate through albums and artists with RuneAudio, but I read somewhere that you already know that and can't do better by now because of Spotify

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/browse-by-album-artist-genre-t635.html?hilit=album%20artist%20browse#p4168

- I'm using a Hifiberry Dacplus and after each reboot, I gotta go to the options to set it back to default. Isn't there any way to fix it by ourselves before the next patch gets out ?

Try the other HiFiBerry setting, the one without plus sign.
I use Audiophonics saber and that setting works OK, the other one switches itself off after reboot.

Rebuild your library in sources and set Auto update option in MPD settings...

- I can't set a static ip adress, but this issue was already reported ; I used the MAC adress thing to have the same IP at each boot.

Install Bonjour on your machine, you also get it by installing iTunes, and then you can use runeaudio.local instead of IP address
robertinjo

Postby robertinjo » 17 Jan 2015, 23:35

robertinjo wrote:

http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/browse-by-album-artist-genre-t635.html?hilit=album%20artist%20browse#p4168

Try the other HiFiBerry setting, the one without plus sign.
I use Audiophonics Sabre DAC and that setting works OK, the other one switches itself off after reboot.

Rebuild your library in sources and set Auto update option in MPD settings...

Install Bonjour on your machine, you also get it by installing iTunes, and then you can use runeaudio.local instead of IP address
robertinjo

Postby Aleverz » 18 Jan 2015, 14:13

Thanks to you both for answers !
I've been deeply happy to discover that "dev mode" fixed everything I complained about ! So I hope this patchnote to be deployed soon ! ;)
There is just a thing that remains "unfixed" : when I go to the Library and try to access the Album section (or Artist, or Genre), it asks me to choose between multiple things like Spotify, MPD, etc. and when I click on "Spotify", nothing happens.

Keep up the good work ! :mrgreen:
Aleverz

Postby hondagx35 » 18 Jan 2015, 15:26

Hi Aleverz,

There is just a thing that remains "unfixed" : when I go to the Library and try to access the Album section (or Artist, or Genre), it asks me to choose between multiple things like Spotify, MPD, etc. and when I click on "Spotify", nothing happens

This is "normal" behavior, because browsing by Artist (Album and Genre) only works for MPD at the moment.
hondagx35

Postby Aleverz » 18 Jan 2015, 16:25

Okay ! Btw I tried again to stop the rpi, put the electrical cable off and on back, and on the next boot DACplus was still used by default but the Spotify playlist was Undefined (see attachment). I tried to rebuild the sources but nothing changed, so I tried to switch Audio output option back to Analogue and then DACplus, and it worked : my playlists were back on. Weird...
Screenshot_2015-01-18-16-14-44.png
Screenshot_2015-01-18-16-14-44.png (67.5 KiB) Viewed 10417 times
Aleverz

Re: [SOLVED] My report about issues after a reboot

Postby kaczor189 » 18 Jan 2017, 12:46

I have the same problem with Sportify. Login and password are corrent, I have music in Spotify Playlist, but when I choose spotify in rune there appears folder "undefined". If I change audio output in rune nothing happens and I still have undefined folder. Please help.
kaczor189

Re: [SOLVED] My report about issues after a reboot

Postby ianhaynes » 18 Jan 2017, 13:10

I get that too when I first switch to Spotify and it takes about a minute for the playlists to appear. There's the same delay when launching the Spotify app itself.

Ian
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report