Multi room capabilities with Snapcast

Help wanted! How to contribute to RuneAudio project

Re: Multi room capabilities with Snapcast

Postby ACX » 18 Oct 2016, 23:53

FrankDeath wrote:I just got Snapcast working on my Raspberry Pi 3 running RuneAudio. I'd really like to have the GUI integration so I don't have to redo the config after every reboot. I'd much rather contribute to work that is in progress rather than duplicate effort.

Soon there will be updated development tools to work on the new version. In the meanwhile, it would be very useful if you could give me instructions on what's required for a seamless integration with the UI, so I could at least prepare a draft for it.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby FrankDeath » 19 Oct 2016, 02:48

ACX wrote:Soon there will be updated development tools to work on the new version. In the meanwhile, it would be very useful if you could give me instructions on what's required for a seamless integration with the UI, so I could at least prepare a draft for it.

I haven't started modifying the GUI code yet. I was hoping the code modifications that resulted in the screenshots at the start of this thread had made it into a GitHub repo.

I will make notes when I do start modifying the GUI. At the moment I just have a snapcast-aware mpd.conf that needs to be manually installed when I want to use Snapcast. I currently use the Snapcast app for Android for access to the Snapcast settings.
FrankDeath

Postby FrankDeath » 27 Oct 2016, 17:04

Has anyone successfully compiled or installed Snapcast on an older pi (model A/A+/B/B+) running RuneAudio?

My attempts to install the software required to build Snapcast on my B+ broke RuneAudio, which is unsurprising. I've read the thread about updates breaking the system (everything-broken-in-0-3-after-pacman-syu-t1233.html).

I have, however, installed Snapcast on my B+ running Raspbian Lite.

I only have one newer pi (3B) so I'm afraid I may not be the common use-case for Snapcast support in RuneAudio.
FrankDeath

Postby FrankDeath » 08 Jul 2017, 06:45

I now have two Raspberry Pi 3's. I'd like to start integrating snapcast with RuneAudio.

Does anyone have ideas on how the controls should be integrated?
FrankDeath

Postby ReefSmacker » 27 Nov 2017, 22:09

Hi,

Is there a branch of the code with snapcast integrated?
Alternatively, what's the timeline for a release with snapcast integrated?

Many thanks
ReefSmacker
ReefSmacker

Postby ACX » 29 Nov 2017, 23:20

We are working on a different repository for the 2.0 release, no timeline sorry.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Velociraptor » 14 Jun 2018, 17:31

Hello so any news regarding this feature? Seems like the WUI is there in the first post already? multi-room-capabilities-with-snapcast-t3671.html#p15445

Also how about these developer tools you mentioned Oktober 2016 ? multi-room-capabilities-with-snapcast-t3671-20.html#p17900
Velociraptor

Postby Colin » 12 Jan 2019, 20:23

Hi,
Seeing as the previously mentioned efforts apparently got nowhere, I've taken my own shot at this, and the results are at https://github.com/colinleroy/RuneUI/tree/0.5b-snapcast
I asked Janui for a merge and I'm ready to invest some extra work in it to see it upstream :)

Here's a demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHoX60xmFr8

HTH !
Colin
Colin

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Help the project