Mouse not working on new install.

Raspberry Pi related support

Mouse not working on new install.

Postby avvy65 » 20 Oct 2017, 11:52

I have loaded RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20170229_2GB.img onto a new 16Gb micro sd card, booted the sytem up and it has loaded to screen with 2 dials or rings with a sort of menu above them saying: MPD Empty Queue, add some music.
I can tab over the dials etc from a keyboard but the mouse doesn't do anything.

Do I need to do anything or install anything else?

Thanks
Last edited by avvy65 on 20 Oct 2017, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
avvy65

Re: Mouse not working on new install.

Postby janui » 20 Oct 2017, 12:34

Hi avvy65,
Rune is designed to work headless. What you are seeing is a feature used to display the status of Rune. Rune has a built in web-server which can be accessed as a control panal by any device on your network.
Connect You Pi to wired ethernet and you should be able to access the control panel from any device on your network using the browser of your choice. URL is http://runeaudio.local (or http://runeaudio). See the quick start guide for further details: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/ ... art-guide/
janui
janui

Postby avvy65 » 20 Oct 2017, 12:55

Ok, thanks for that, and I can get to the controls now.
What is the Update the MPD library, and do I need to install some other software?

Also my music is on a local NAS server, so that is what I will be using for the source.
avvy65

Postby janui » 20 Oct 2017, 13:18

Hi avvy65,
You need to connect to your NAS first. This is sometimes more complex than you would expect, if you have problems search the forum, different solutions are well documented.
When you have a connection to your NAS, then rebuild the MPD library. This can take a long time depending on how big your collection is. MPD is the part of Rune which indexes and plays your music. Switching ‘automatically rebuild MPD library’ off is something you should consider after the initial build is has completed.
While MPD is busy building your library you can see the albums and songs appear in the Library > MPD page. These will not be sorted correctly until the MPD library build process completes, but you can still play the music…
janui
janui

Postby hondagx35 » 20 Oct 2017, 13:59

Hi avvy65,

I can tab over the dials etc from a keyboard but the mouse doesn't do anything.

The local browser is designed for the official 7" touch TFT so a mouse cursor would be annoying.
The mouse cursor can be enabled by editing a config file, see here.

If you have a bigger screen you can also change the zoom factor.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi