Menu "bug" and Network Mounts "bug" and Queue "bug"

Please report any bug found here

Menu "bug" and Network Mounts "bug" and Queue "bug"

Postby number9 » 17 May 2015, 19:44

I have been using RuneAudio for a bit, and I noticed a few "bugs". This is on a first gen RaspberryPi.

Menu:
If you are in Dirble, and you go to a genre, and then click the menu on the right and hit "Add and Play", it then brings you back to the first level Dirble menu. Slightly irritating when you are way down on your list of items and have to go back and find where you were.

Network Mounts:
I had an NFS server at 192.168.169.8. It was setup under Network Mounts and working fine. I moved the NFS to a new server at 1921.68.169.6. In Network Mounts, I used the same procedure to setup the new mount. This seemed to work. Right after that, I deleted the old mount (192.168.169.8) as it was no longer being used. I then tried to do an MPD refresh. It would not refresh, and it would always try to show the old mount, which was gone, so no songs worked (as expected). The problem was I could never get it to do a refresh. I tried reboots, deleting all mounts and starting over, deleting all mounts and trying to refresh, adding the old one back and trying to refresh. Nothing seemed to work. I ended up re-installing. I think this is a bug that could be looked into.

Queue:
The queue seems to freak out from time to time. I made a list of webradio stations in the queue. This seems to work fine. I save them as a playlist, this seems to work fine. I click on the "manage playlist" button and they are all gone. Additionally, when I go back to the queue, it is now empty. I have to re-add the webradio stations back (which is a pain since I selected them from Dirble and as mentioned above, had to go back and forth for some time). This bug is really irritating as you spend a good deal of time making a list, and then it goes away.

Debug info:
I put this on pastebin as it is too large for this forum:

http://pastebin.com/vnmpf4b2
number9

Re: Menu "bug" and Network Mounts "bug" and Queue "bug"

Postby hondagx35 » 17 May 2015, 20:33

Hi number9,

is your system up to date?
Getting updates

- Dirble
Update and try again.

- Network Mounts:
Did you use the same "Source name"?
If so, then it's clear why it broke. For each source a folder is created under /mnt/MPD/.
Deleting the mount also deletes this folder, o your newly mounted one has no folder anymore.

- Queue
Update and try again.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby number9 » 17 May 2015, 21:48

Yes, I check for updates weekly:

Last login: Sun May 17 14:51:25 2015 from 192.168.169.9
[root@runeaudio ~]# cd /var/www
[root@runeaudio www]# git pull
Already up-to-date.

Dirble, nope, if I goto dirble, goto say "Electronic" then click on the menu of an item and hit "add and play", 1/2 of the time it will send me to the top Dirble menu.

On the network mount, I changed the name. I figured it would not like it if the name was the same. I am not going to test doing it again though.

I will say, on the queue though, it gets really annoying. Right now I can reproduce this behaviour:
goto Queue
click "Manage Playlists" (the icon in the bottom left)
I get a spinning wheel forever.
Hit the back button (in the RuneAudio webpage, not the back button on the browser), my queue is gone. Empty. NULL pointer. I have to go back to the Library and add them all back. Ugh.

Still, even though I can not have playlists or manage them, I like Runaudio. There are few other solutions for the Pi and they do not have as many options as Rune has... but not having a good playlist manager is a real bummer. I think this is the area that needs the most work.
number9

Postby hondagx35 » 17 May 2015, 21:58

Hi,

please try the nightly builds from my link above.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby number9 » 17 May 2015, 22:02

I will try that.

Thanks.
number9

Postby ACX » 18 May 2015, 00:23

number9 wrote:Still, even though I can not have playlists or manage them, I like Runaudio. There are few other solutions for the Pi and they do not have as many options as Rune has... but not having a good playlist manager is a real bummer. I think this is the area that needs the most work.

Playlist management is something that is on our roadmap since v0.2-beta, and probably will be implemented in a more complete way in 0.5 or 0.6. So don't lose your faith :)
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report