Low Volume

Raspberry Pi related support

Low Volume

Postby aholloway17 » 27 Jun 2017, 17:55

I am experiencing low volume output from my RPI 3B running the latest version of Runeaudio. When I first installed the image about a month ago I would listen comfortably at about 25% volume on my stereo system. After correcting a channel swapping issue I reinstalled the image and now the volume output is such that the stereo has to be at roughly at 75% for decent volume. Important to note the setup is RPI3B, 16gb SD card, Dac+, into Sunfire Preamp, then two Carver Amps. If I connect Chromecast or any other device volume output is very strong. I've read some posts back from 2014 but can't imagine that fix would be relevant today. So what am I missing?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Allen
aholloway17

Re: Low Volume

Postby hondagx35 » 27 Jun 2017, 21:58

Hi Allen,

go to the MPD settings page and change volume control to "hardware".
Next set the volume to 100%.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Low Volume

Postby aholloway17 » 27 Jun 2017, 22:35

Hi Frank,

I actually went to all three profiles and set the volume to 100. The hardware setting provides the best response but at that the master volume must be set at the 75%. After reading many posts I've gone into terminal or command line to look at Alsa (mixer). I found my way around enough to eter some commands but I don't have enough experience to make changes without more instruction.

Other Ideas?

Allen
aholloway17

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi