Linux install of RuneUI only

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Linux install of RuneUI only

Postby kicktothecortex » 28 Jun 2014, 05:25

I'd like to first say that I love what the team is doing for this MPD client and audio player system and I can't wait to use it for a whole-house setup soon. I also would like to use it for a carpc audio front-end eventually as well as it is the best looking interface available, IMO.

Now for my question... I haven't had the chance to throw the image on my Pi yet to try it out, but I have grabbed the RuneUI files from the github repo on my laptop. I've got apache configured and can get the interface, but something is awry in my MPD configuration. I modified the cfg_mpd entries for my MPD configuration (MPD file locations, password, music dir, etc) in player.db, but RuneUI doesn't seem to be connecting as it doesn't show any music nor any info from MPD.

Is there something I am missing in the configuration? Do I need to add a source in the cfg_sources table for my music dir (which is ~/music)?

I've considered that it may be a permission conflict between apache and my MPD/local user (all MPD files/db/pid/etc are in ~/.mpd/) and I tried adding apache to my user group to no effect.

I know this is most likely a wholly unsupported configuration but I'm too impatient to wait for 0.3 and the potential x86 instructions. :lol:
kicktothecortex

Re: Linux install of RuneUI only

Postby kicktothecortex » 28 Jun 2014, 17:09

Ok, I've been fiddling with things all morning and it looks like it was the password requirement for MPD that was causing the issue. Once I removed the password, RuneUI was able to connect to MPD and show the status of the current track, library, playlists, etc. but response is extremely slow and the player controls don't seem to work.. :?

I'm going to try and dig out my Pi to see how well it works there but I guess I'll have to wait for the new version for better support on x86 generic setups.
kicktothecortex

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion