Library MPD fields?

Raspberry Pi related support

Library MPD fields?

Postby MuseChaser » 15 Jan 2017, 02:26

My "Library" page shows Genre, Artist, and Album. I listen to a lot of "legit" (classical) music and I'd love to be able to sort by composer. I use JRiver MC21 on my laptop for ripping and library maintenance including tagging, and every one of my classical CDs has a composer tag, Is there any way to add a "composer" sort button in my Library in Rune? I've tried clicking on the gear icon on the library page .. the one w/ the popup description "Setup the library home screen," ... but nothing happens.

Thanks again!

Barry
MuseChaser

Re: Library MPD fields?

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Jan 2017, 12:40

Hi Barry,

i have this (composer) working on my dev device.
I hope to publish the image soon.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby MuseChaser » 15 Jan 2017, 15:47

Thanks, Frank! I'll keep checkin' in... much appreciated.

Barry
MuseChaser

Postby MuseChaser » 24 Jan 2017, 16:10

Frank,

Does that gear icon on the library home page do anything? On mine it turns bright blue when I tap it, but doesn't seem to do anything else. I'd like to get rid of Spotify, Jamendo, and Dirble since I don't use them, and ... pardon my rerequest... would love to add a composer field. What IS that gear icon for? :-)

Thanks..

Barry
MuseChaser

Postby hondagx35 » 24 Jan 2017, 19:00

Hi Barry,

Does that gear icon on the library home page do anything?

Yes, to delete saved bookmarks.
bookmark.jpg
bookmark.jpg (82.93 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

bookmark2.jpg
bookmark2.jpg (140.85 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

I'd like to get rid of Spotify, Jamendo, and Dirble since I don't use them, and ... pardon my rerequest... would love to add a composer field.

Sorry, but you have to wait until the next release.
As you can see in the above picture, it is on its way.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby MuseChaser » 24 Jan 2017, 19:12

Thanks for the reply; I hadn't tried the bookmark function before, but I get it now. My apologies for my lack of patience re/ the composer button; I'm almost done ripping my legit library (about 500 cds) and the more I get on the server, the more excited about the whole project I get. Didn't mean to push! Is there an easy way to delete the Dirble, Spotify, and Jamendo buttons?

Barry
MuseChaser

Postby surfninja » 24 Jan 2017, 21:10

MuseChaser wrote:Is there an easy way to delete the Dirble, Spotify, and Jamendo buttons?
Barry

Barry, no easy way to remove the buttons. you will need to update the code. i've done it but have since upgraded and never bothered to re-do the updates. it requires ssh to your pi and using a local editor like vi.

see this customize-elements-on-the-interface-t3827.html

you might want to hold off until you get Frank's image.
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 2B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 4B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi Zero W
surfninja

Postby MuseChaser » 24 Jan 2017, 22:27

Thanks, surfninja. I read through the thread you linked to, and the code that Frank linked to in THAT thread. I had to ssh into the Pi and uncomment a line in a config file (or something like that) to get one of my DACs recognized so I've at least dabbled successfully in the process, but I didn't understand the thread enough to give this a try. When it was suggested to comment out "this block," which linked to the code, line 473 (I think) was highlighted in the linked page, but I'm not sure how much or what exactly to comment out. I don't know what "vi" is, or what "min"ning a file is either. Maybe it's best to just leave well enough alone, but if you've got the time to walk me through the process or point me to some relevant links I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

In any case, lovin' things the way they are, and I can certainly live with it! Thanks again.

Barry
MuseChaser

Postby brughiera » 25 Jan 2017, 21:34

I'm new so this may be a silly suggestion (or did I miss something)
It would be very very useful to be able not only to remove some buttons in the library fields, but also to reorder them. I thought the gear button would do that and, in fact, I ended up here because I thought I didn't understand how to use it. Depending on one's preference, it may be handier to have artist, album etc first.

Beyond this, THANKS! This is really great stuff! It's working great. I'll make donation asap.
Plus, nice to see it originates very close from home.
Mandi!
brughiera

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi