Issues with wired RPi model b

Raspberry Pi related support

Issues with wired RPi model b

Postby mikiahlm » 20 Mar 2017, 11:17

I am new to RPi and also new to RuneAudio. I have been running RuneAudio on my Raspberry Pi 3 for some weeks now and it works great each time, both wired and wireless.

For a couple of days I have been trying to set up a old Raspberry Pi model b in our kitchen. I "wire it up" to our Netgear Range Extender. Today I managed to connect to the RPi and on the screen, a TV connected through hdmi, I got directly to terminal and had to log on. This happens every time! When I run ifconfig I get the IP-address and I can log onto RuneAudio UI from my computer using the IP address (or runeaudio.local). After a while the connection is lost and I can't find my RuneAudio RPi on the network anymore, although I can still see the terminal on the TV screen.

I have set the IP address to static, since I've seen that the Range Extender seems to change IP address all the time on the RuneAudio/RPi.

When I run ifconfig now I see that I have no connection. I can't get a debug file since I am not connected.

What to do?!
mikiahlm

Re: Issues with wired RPi model b

Postby surfninja » 20 Mar 2017, 15:21

try a wifi dongle. my guess is the range extender is dropping the connection.
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 2B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi 4B
rAudio 1, Raspberry Pi Zero W
surfninja

Postby mikiahlm » 20 Mar 2017, 16:12

Well. Yeah. That could've been a solution. But I already have enough hardware to make it work. I don't wanna buy something that I really don't need since the extender with it's Ethernet ports is one meter from where I want to have the RuneAudio RPi. It annoys me that it doesn't work.

I gave up and chose Volumio. Work without any problems at all.

There must be a solution. I prefer RuneAudio.
mikiahlm

Postby hondagx35 » 20 Mar 2017, 18:26

Hi mikiahlm,

please try to update your RP1 installation to our Nightly Builds.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi