Is there PiLCD Support?

Raspberry Pi related support

Is there PiLCD Support?

Postby eddie303 » 02 Feb 2014, 23:57

Hello,

is there PiLCD support in RuneAudio? I'd like to use my RasPi as a media player with a character LCD displaying song title, time, etc.
eddie303

Re: Is there PiLCD Support?

Postby cyber7 » 04 Feb 2014, 14:52

I will be writing a couple of scripts to do EXACTLY this. In the meantime, you can try my scripts I wrote for volumio. (http://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com) I am thinking of dropping volumio support because of the ops/admins/developers ignoring all and any of my mail.

cyber7-out
ps - Watch the blog and you will see some great installation instructions to get this going...
To err is human, to err again is machine!
cyber7

Postby ACX » 04 Feb 2014, 15:34

Hi cyber7, I took a look at your website and the Adafruit LCD integration seems very interesting to me. If you wish to give us a help with that and have some fun with Arch Linux, you are welcome :) We are currently focused on a huge rework of the UI, and it would be nice to seamlessly include that feature in it, requiring no configuration for the users.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby cyber7 » 04 Feb 2014, 15:42

Yes, I will definitely be interested. I have a HUGE amount of linux skills, so to get into ARC should not be such a biggie. (I just got home) I will be working tomorrow in getting a start-point to the integration with the eye on keeping the scripts generic.

BUT, let's see what happens in the morning :)
I am quite excited that I finally got to an active board to assist and get assistance!

kind regards
cyber7-out (aka Aubrey Kloppers; Cape Town; South Africa)
To err is human, to err again is machine!
cyber7

Postby Orion » 04 Feb 2014, 15:48

Hi cyber7-out,
you are welcome!
RuneAudio - Embedded Hi-Fi music player
SoloStereo - Alla riscoperta dell'alta fedeltà
Orion
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby ash » 04 Feb 2014, 22:46

I just tried today all the system.. at first shoot it was already comletely working, and immediately thought how to add a display for show the info about song. How I saw in the cyber7 link, his building is complete with display and many functions buttons. What I'd like to have is just a LCD display for the info and no buttons.. or just a button for "jump" a song!
I remember that under Windows i used so much LCD Smartie, that was a very pretty configurable sw that via printer port sent the info to LCD.
I don't have Linux skill and programming skills are limited to Visual Basic and C for Arduino, but would be so nice to have an easy SW interface for configure what to see on the LCD. http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/
ash

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi