Installing OpenVpn Help (Solved)

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Installing OpenVpn Help (Solved)

Postby irishwill2008 » 02 Nov 2017, 14:02

Hi guys,

I am trying to install openvpn. My image is the v0.3-beta (23/03/2016) which can be found to download at: http://www.runeaudio.com/download/

My aim? I am trying to access my pi outside the network without the need of port forwarding. To do this, i can use a vpn. I installed OpenVpn on my VPS as an access server and now i am trying to install it via the pi using runeaudios img.

I installed openvpn in SSH using: "pacman -Sy openvpn". It installed without error.

Adding the y to -S allows me to update the DB to download a valid working package.

Issue is when i try run "openvpn" in ssh i receive the error:
Code: Select all
openvpn: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now, that in my opinion is to do with openssl. Which can be upgraded with "pacman -Sy openssl".

Issue is that when i upgrade openssl it breaks my system. While still logged in, i cant run pacman as i receive:
pacman: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If i logout from SSH and try login again with putty, i cant connect. It seems SSH is now broken also!

My aim is to be able to install openvpn with its dependencys without breaking runeaudio. So i can use it like normal!

Any opinions are mostly appreciated!

Thanks.

Regards,

Will.
Last edited by irishwill2008 on 13 Nov 2017, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
irishwill2008

Re: Installing OpenVpn Help

Postby hondagx35 » 02 Nov 2017, 14:36

Hi Will,

openssl can not be updated without updating pacman as well.
Try:
pacman -Sy openssl pacman wpa_supplicant

as described here here

Frank
hondagx35

Re: Installing OpenVpn Help

Postby irishwill2008 » 02 Nov 2017, 15:12

Hi Frank,

Absolute legend! Worked a charm and me here trying for guts of 6 hours straight pulling my hair out!

Always good to find out the fix from the devs.

Thank you frank.

Have a nice day :D

Rgs,

Will.
irishwill2008

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to General discussion