Installation on general Linux Machine

General discussion about RuneAudio. Do not post any support or feature requests here.

Re: Installation on general Linux Machine

Postby bastienauneau » 08 Feb 2016, 01:11

ACX wrote:
Discovery wrote:What's the latest on the cookbook?

It's almost ready to be published, which will probably happen by the end of the month.

Hi ACX

Any news on the new cookbook ?
Already did play with the "old" one, and got no luck in getting everything work like the system installed from RPI image download
Anything like an alpha cookbook would be good to release. Sure there gonna be people (like me :-) ) who gonna give it a try and help polish the last details

Cheers
Bastien
bastienauneau

Postby ACX » 11 Feb 2016, 19:34

bastienauneau wrote:Hi ACX

Any news on the new cookbook ?

Hi bastienauneau,
I had the pleasure to see just a couple of days ago the result of Simone's great work on that. It's a higly automated script which is able to build a RuneAudio image from scratch for any platform. It's almost finished, so while we wait for it to be published on GitHub, you and anyone else who wants to contribute to it or wants to be a platform maintainer could have a preview of it. We'll write you via email (the one you used for the forum registration).
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby tsl » 15 Feb 2016, 23:40

Hello!

This is good news indeed. I'd like to install it on my C.H.I.P. (http://getchip.com/pages/chip). Hopefully it will not take too long now! :)
tsl

Postby Mato_xXx » 26 Feb 2016, 18:32

It is nice to hear that it will have autoinstaller. Because I also want use this gr8 thing to play music on my old but gr8 playing Hi-Fi but I want use C.H.I.P. so I'm waiting for this. If you could actually release also any fast list what I need to make it working on debian I'll be happy, if not I'll wait for installer. :)
Mato_xXx

Postby chsims1 » 30 Mar 2016, 09:37

I would definitely be interested in this cookbook too. I was wanting to get Rune working on a Raspberry Pi Zero, and had failed with this thread http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/post12264.html?hilit=raspberry%20pi%20zero#p12264. I have a nicely working stock Arch setup, and I did look briefly at the Github repos, but didn't really know where to start.

Regards
chsims1

Postby chsims1 » 02 Apr 2016, 10:13

I'm quite happy to use a new version of the cookbook (for RPi) if Orion would be willing to make it available, rather than waiting for a the "all singing - all dancing" script. I'm happy to test the script too if that would be helpful. I considered following the old cookbook, which looks straightforward, but everything is so out of date that I think it unlikely to succeed.
chsims1

Postby mike.errecart » 16 Apr 2016, 22:16

ACX wrote:you and anyone else who wants to contribute to it or wants to be a platform maintainer could have a preview of it.

Is the offer still valid ?
I'd like to have a preview too ;)

Mike
mike.errecart

Postby ACX » 17 Apr 2016, 19:59

mike.errecart wrote:Is the offer still valid ?
I'd like to have a preview too ;)

Sure, we are also preparing a public version for everyone. Do you have coding skills?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby mike.errecart » 17 Apr 2016, 22:28

That's great !

ACX wrote:Do you have coding skills?

I worked as a developper for the past 15 years. Not the hacker type, but i'm curious and versatile. What kind of coding skills would be useful ?

Mike
mike.errecart

Postby ACX » 18 Apr 2016, 19:08

mike.errecart wrote:What kind of coding skills would be useful ?

Take a look a the repositories on GitHub... PHP for the backend, JS for the frontend, good Linux skills for the system.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion