Incomplete titles in the queue (after colon)

Please report any bug found here

Incomplete titles in the queue (after colon)

Postby Felisek » 23 Dec 2015, 16:39

I have a lot of titles containing colons. They display correctly in the Library and Playback:

However, when I place them in the Queue, all the information after colon (including the colon) is missing:

Marek
Felisek

Re: Incomplete titles in the queue (after colon)

Postby ACX » 26 Dec 2015, 02:43

Hi Marek, thank you for the feedback, it seems a parsing issue. We count to solve it in the future versions.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby iceguy » 05 Feb 2016, 14:28

I see the same behavior.

It's not an mpd problem, since mpc via ssh displays the full name including the colon and all succeeding info.

It is clearly rune's parsing that finds the colon troublesome.

Thanks for the great work. I am generally very happy with rune, except for the need to reinstall to reboot!

system load: 2.29 0.53 0.18 3/87 555

HW platform: RaspberryPi (01)
iceguy

Postby vmartell » 27 Nov 2016, 06:20

ACX wrote:Hi Marek, thank you for the feedback, it seems a parsing issue. We count to solve it in the future versions.

Thanks! In the meantime - wonder if we could get some hints of where this parsing happens - maybe try to take a crack at it - sorry for being a pest , but this bothers me very much - all my classical music has a colon after the composer...

Thnx!

v
vmartell

Postby vmartell » 27 Nov 2016, 07:10

vmartell wrote:
ACX wrote:Hi Marek, thank you for the feedback, it seems a parsing issue. We count to solve it in the future versions.

Thanks! In the meantime - wonder if we could get some hints of where this parsing happens - maybe try to take a crack at it - sorry for being a pest , but this bothers me very much - all my classical music has a colon after the composer...

Thnx!

v

Well - the reason I posted the question above is that, well, I am a lazy ass... however, the last cup of coffee (5th of the day) kind of made me look into this.

I have this solution - not sure if it is THE solution as I haven't tested extensively. The lazy ass is back, so I haven't forked and/or submitted a pull request.

In file
Code: Select all
/var/www/assets/js/runeui.js
, change
657    for (i = 0; (line = lines[i]); i += 1) {
658        infos = line.split(': ');

to

657    for (i = 0; (line = lines[i]); i += 1) {
658        infos = line.split(/: (.+)?/);

That seems to work - will report back if I find issues...

v
vmartell

Postby iceguy » 27 Nov 2016, 21:01

Thanks! This is great news.

Is this fix now in the version I get by updating with gitpull on runeaudio/dev? Or do I need to make that code change myself?

How do I know what version I am getting/have got? The version number hasn't changed in a year or two! Can I look at some file dates with ssh and "ls -l"?

By the way, the last time I updated a month or so ago, I found some stuff worked that hadn't worked for me before. That included the volume control on the playback display, and some lists that now appear alphabetized, including Playlists and Genres. Well, almost. Country is at the top!

Great work. Thanks again!
iceguy

Postby vmartell » 27 Nov 2016, 23:37

iceguy wrote:Thanks! This is great news.

Is this fix now in the version I get by updating with gitpull on runeaudio/dev? Or do I need to make that code change myself?

How do I know what version I am getting/have got? The version number hasn't changed in a year or two! Can I look at some file dates with ssh and "ls -l"?

By the way, the last time I updated a month or so ago, I found some stuff worked that hadn't worked for me before. That included the volume control on the playback display, and some lists that now appear alphabetized, including Playlists and Genres. Well, almost. Country is at the top!

Great work. Thanks again!

thnx - so - yeah - the fix is not in the code base - I see that both the dev and master branches need it - I am running it as a local mod. From what I understand, 2.0 will have a new code base and this issue will be fixed in it, independent of this patch. If you need it now ( like I do, with all those colons in my classical files), then patch away! The way I see it there are two options, one quick and dirty, another more elegant, needs more work on your part.

1) Run it as a local modification (that is, just edit the file) - I am running it like that and so far so good - updating with the git pull may cause conflicts, so I recommend if you want to update, you do a git pull from the command line so you can fix as needed.

2) Fork dev or master, apply the fix and switch RuneUI to that fork. To update (if updates come to the current version) you will need to fetch the upstream and merge into your branch, then pull from your switched RuneUI (at /var/www ).

Re: your other questions, since my point of view is from the github project, I just look at branch (git branch - dev or master) and check the log ( git log) to see what is new and has been fixed. I don't want to talk for the devs, which are brilliant, and also, I am not a Runeaudio dev, just a user that wanted to contribute something, but haven't noticed any tags or markings for versions, so I go from the git info.
Hope this helps.

v
vmartell

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report