Wlan on wrong network, how do I change it

Raspberry Pi related support

Wlan on wrong network, how do I change it

Postby avvy65 » 20 Oct 2017, 16:20

Runeaudio found my router and wireless, where the GW is 192.168.0.1, and is connected, but it is showing IP:192.168.5.1, which is not my routers IP. Consequently because of this, my android tablet can't connect to runeaudio

I have checked my routers connections and there is nothing with the 192.168.0.5 ip address.
How do I change that.
avvy65

Re: Wlan on wrong network, how do I change it

Postby janui » 20 Oct 2017, 19:17

Hi avvy65,
Rune has a built in WiFi access point. This starts as default with 192.168.5.1, you can connect to it directly without using you normal WiFi access point. Check the forum for details.
But I don't think this is what you want to do. To connect to your local WiFi access point:
Plug in a WiFi dongle (not required for the pi B3, WiFi is built in)
Choose the Network menu
Click on refresh interfaces
Click on Wlan0
You will then get a screen which lists the available networks
Choose your network and fill in the details, password, etc.
Done
Note that WiFi can give problems when streaming radio, NAS-files or spotify. You can't beat wired ethernet. The built in pi B3 WiFi is poor, external dongles generally give beter results.
Edit: With some WiFi adaptors you will need to disable the AP (Access Point) in order to connect normally.
janui
Last edited by janui on 22 Oct 2017, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
janui

Postby avvy65 » 21 Oct 2017, 10:23

Hi janui, thanks for the reply.

When Runeaudio was scanning the networks, I would have expected it to see the real IP address of 192.168.0.1, as it sees the ETH0 of 192.168.0.106 connection.
I selected a different network from the list, which is on my lo0cal network, and Rune has spent something like 12 hours scanning and trying to connect to 192.168.x.x to which is my router's ip and also wifi. Then Rune then became not available, so I restarted it, and did a network refresh. It now shows my wlan0 on my local network as 192.168.0.146. But now rune is not available on my android devices which is probably because of the poor wifi of the pi3, as you say, but the wifi on the pi zero w is much better .

When I diagnose the problem on the windows machine , it says that the remote device won't accept the connection. Huh, it did before. Is there some where in the settings that it can be changed.

Thanks
avvy65

Postby janui » 22 Oct 2017, 12:53

Hi avvy65,
The IP addresses of your wired and WiFi connections seem to be correct. From a Windows device you should be able to access the browser interface with http://runeaudio.local (or http://runeaudio). If not, then try the IP-address in your browser (example format: http://192.168.0.106, you need to know the actual address). For your Android devices please search the forum for Android and/or Bonjour. There are some issues here, though nothing to do with Rune. You may need to consider fixed IP addresses as a solution. Again the forum has details of the solutions.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi