GUI often unresponsive with only webradio in playlist

Please report any bug found here

GUI often unresponsive with only webradio in playlist

Postby jacco » 12 Apr 2015, 17:05

Hello,

I'm using RuneAudio for a short while now and i'm very happy with it.
I have one little problem though.

I use my RPi just as a webradio (for now) and have just one webradio in the playlist (http://icecast.omroep.nl/radio2-bb-aac).
Very often I have the problem that it is not possible to start the stream after it stopped over night (RPi is always on). I don't know why it stops sometimes.
When this problem occurs (I don't now what's causing it) the playbutton in the GUI doesn't do anything.
Sometimes the radio starts playing when I doubleclick the radio in the queue.
I'm also using MPoD on my iPhone and sometimes with this I'm able to play the webradio.
But when it doesn't then the only thing that helps is systemctl restart rune_SY_wrk. And even that doesn't work all the time.

I'm now in the situation that the GUI always shows "connecting" and I'm not able to get it working again. The local MPD client (MPC) doesn't work also (error: Connection refused).
I had this before and had to put a new image on the SD card.

Is there someone that has some ideas what could be wrong and how to get my RuneAudio to work again without using a new image?

Thanks,
Jacco
jacco

Re: GUI often unresponsive with only webradio in playlist

Postby jacco » 12 Apr 2015, 21:25

So I got the GUI working again by doing a git pull from the cli.

Did some additional testing and can reproduce the problem.

When playing my radio stream I can stop and play with my iPhone MPoD client. No problem.
If a stop with RuneGUI then i'm most of the time not able to start it again with RuneGUI. Status shows streaming but I have no sound. Noticed that bitrate = 0 kpbs.
Then I close the RuneGUI, open it again. Status in not streaming but then I can play the stream again.
When RuneGUI won't play the stream I can start it with the MPoD client.

The situation above is not consistent. Sometimes the behavior above is instant, sometimes I have to stop/play several times before the problem occurs.
jacco

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report