Flac support

Raspberry Pi related support

Flac support

Postby graemedurie » 06 Jun 2017, 10:11

Hi, I'm new to Rune, thought I would try it yesterday and it looks very promising, I've got a Synology NAS which I've added a mount point and asked Rune to refresh the database. I'm currently running .03 beta.

The database does not include a single FLAC file which makes up the vast majority of my music, it doesn't even display the folders that contain FLAC files, am I missing something ?
graemedurie

Re: Flac support

Postby hondagx35 » 06 Jun 2017, 10:35

Hi graemedurie,

I'm currently running .03 beta.

On what device (RP1, RP2/3)?

Are there any other files and folders (besides the music) on your mount point?
In nearly all cases a bad file/folder stopped MPD to scan and index the music library.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby graemedurie » 06 Jun 2017, 11:26

Hi, thanks for the reply it's and Rpi2 at the moment but I will be changing to an Rpi3 when it arrives, I've also just noticed that there's a newer build (0.4) which I'll try tonight. There are folder.jpg files with the album cover in all my music folders, this doesn't seem to present a problem for the folders containing mp3's only the ones containing flacs. I uploaded a flac to the local storage on the pi in a folder by its self which is also not listed in local storage but there is a number 1 showing in the interface indicating that there is a file there but it's not displayed.
graemedurie

Postby hondagx35 » 06 Jun 2017, 11:51

Hi,

There are folder.jpg files with the album cover in all my music folders

This is OK and shouldn't be the cause for your problems.

I uploaded a flac to the local storage on the pi in a folder by its self which is also not listed in local storage but there is a number 1 showing

This is strange.
- Please check the permissions on that file.
- Are your files tagged? Used software?
- Is it possible to send me such a not working flac for testing?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby graemedurie » 06 Jun 2017, 12:35

Hi, yes all my flacs are tagged, they have the jpg cover art embedded in the flac, same with the mp3's. That's a good point actually I'll try a new flac which is untagged tonight when I get in. The files are currently tagged using a program called Tag&Rename which downloads the proper info from Amazon. (http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm)

The files as located on a Synology NAS, permissions are not an issue, guest/anonymous users have full access even if I wasn't logging the mount point in as admin which I am.

I've no problem sending an album folder of embedded flac files for testing.
graemedurie

Postby graemedurie » 06 Jun 2017, 17:02

Tried putting a flac with no pictures and no tags on the NAS, still didn't appear.

installed 0.4 on the SD instead, added the mount point again rebuilt the database and boom all of a sudden all the directories are now there including the ones with flacs.

Can you safely update the distribution through putty using pacman -Syy and pacman -Syu ?
graemedurie

Postby hondagx35 » 06 Jun 2017, 17:24

Hi,

Can you safely update the distribution through putty using pacman -Syy and pacman -Syu ?

No, because Rune is based on ArchLinux but with its own packages.
Updating and upgrading the system will mess up the installation.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby bretta200 » 06 Jun 2017, 19:04

graemedurie wrote:Hi, yes all my flacs are tagged, they have the jpg cover art embedded in the flac, same with the mp3's. That's a good point actually I'll try a new flac which is untagged tonight when I get in. The files are currently tagged using a program called Tag&Rename which downloads the proper info from Amazon. (http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm)

The files as located on a Synology NAS, permissions are not an issue, guest/anonymous users have full access even if I wasn't logging the mount point in as admin which I am.

I've no problem sending an album folder of embedded flac files for testing.

That seems strange - I've run a pi B+ and now a pi3 I use flac and mp3 running off a NAS/USB drive connected to my router all tagged with the same Tag&Rename software your using and Rune finds and displays everything fine so I doubt its that. Rune also finds folders within folders (I have all my compilations in Various Artists and Genre folders) which other programs like max2play struggled with.
bretta200

Postby graemedurie » 06 Jun 2017, 20:49

Yeah it was strange, however its working perfectly now, this is by far the best music streaming software I've come across for the Pi.
graemedurie

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi