External m3u playlist

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

External m3u playlist

Postby asturnauta » 27 Jul 2014, 14:09

Hi

I am trying 0.3 alpha version on a raspberry pi and it is beatufil.

It would be great can search a network folder with external m3u playlist.

I have been usign musicbee for a long time on my laptop and i have a lot of playlist on m3u format and it would be great can search this playlist on a network share and load them on runeui.

Thanks.
asturnauta

Re: External m3u playlist

Postby pasdesignal » 04 Aug 2014, 06:37

I also think m3u is a good playlist format to support.
If you could recognise m3u files in general when mpd updates that would be good.
pasdesignal

Postby Mte90 » 04 Aug 2014, 20:58

+1
Professional #Geek, #Developer, #Debian user, #FirefoxOS Training Lead Italy, #KDE/#QT lover, Zagoriano, Moderator of #Wordpress Italy Plus
Mte90

Postby asturnauta » 15 Oct 2014, 10:21

Hi

I will try to explain you how i make compatible my external m3u playlist with runeaudio.
I configure an audio source with the music on my NAS like this: '192.168.1.56/Music' and with name 'Music'.
Runeaudio save playlist with this syntaxis:
Code: Select all
NAS/Music/Album1/Track1.mp3

I manage my music playlist with musicbee. It works with internal playlists buy it has an option to export playlist. My exported playlsits have this syntaxis:
192.168.1.56/Music/Album1/Track1.mp3

Musicbee has an option to replace the path of exported playlist, then i replace '192.168.1.56' with 'NAS'
By this way i have my exported playlist with the same syntaxis of original runeaudio playlist, and i export playlist on a folder on the same NAS where i have the music.

The runeaudio playlist is saves on folder '/var/bin/mpd/playlists'
Then i mapped my exported palylist folder on runeaudio playlists folder with fstab:
192.168.1.56/Music/Playlists         /var/lib/mpd/playlists         nfs         defaults      0        0

By this way, i only have to export my playlists, start runeaudio and i can load that playlists without to have to create all my playlists again.

This is a temporal solution until runeaudio will be compatible with external playlist (i hope this feature in future).

I have only a problem, the first track of all my playlists doesn't is showed on runeaudio. The first track on all playlists is not shown. The rest of tracks appears without problems.

Regards.
asturnauta

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request