External DAC recommendation

Raspberry Pi related support

External DAC recommendation

Postby Toube » 23 Dec 2018, 20:18

Hi guys,

I have a question. I'm about to get a couple of Genelecs active speakers and I would like to use Runeaudio with them.
Now I'm not sure what external Dac to get that is compatible with the 0.5 version of Runeaudio..
I also need the DAC to have switchable inputs.. so that I could use another input for my TV.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

-Toube
Toube

Re: External DAC recommendation

Postby Toube » 23 Dec 2018, 21:08

I think the Cambridge audio DAC magic plus would do the trick.. only question is will it work with runeaudio 0.5 beta?

Anyone tried?

-Toube
Toube

Postby Toube » 24 Dec 2018, 13:04

Another option could audiolabs mdac + model.
Anyone?
-Toube
Toube

Postby MikeC » 24 Dec 2018, 18:50

Toube

I'm guessing you may be in the UK based on the product selections above.
I'm in the US (and apparently on a lower budget) so the following may not help much.
I just received a Modi 3 from Schiit Audio http://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1 (California).
I also have the older Modi 2 on a 2nd system.
I only use the USB DAC function on this, but it has switchable inputs from Toslink and CoAxial digital.
It is smallish and has an all metal case; and for my 66 year old ears, sounds fine.
I'm sort of 'old school' and use traditional stereo receivers for my amp and switching needs.

Mike C
MikeC

Postby Toube » 25 Dec 2018, 07:21

MikeC wrote:Toube

I'm guessing you may be in the UK based on the product selections above.
I'm in the US (and apparently on a lower budget) so the following may not help much.
I just received a Modi 3 from Schiit Audio http://www.schiit.com/products/modi-1 (California).
I also have the older Modi 2 on a 2nd system.
I only use the USB DAC function on this, but it has switchable inputs from Toslink and CoAxial digital.
It is smallish and has an all metal case; and for my 66 year old ears, sounds fine.
I'm sort of 'old school' and use traditional stereo receivers for my amp and switching needs.

Mike C

Hi Mike,

I went with the Audiolab M-dac+ .. hopefully it will work with Runeaudio.. at least it's baby brother works with Runeaudio so I think this one should also work.

Thanks.

-Toube
Toube

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi