Dual booting possible?

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Dual booting possible?

Postby Mat » 19 Jan 2016, 12:17

After a few hours spent with noobs and partitions without success I gave up.

Dante, I did copy your files to /OS folder and noobs installer done its job. So I had two options to choose on boot: OpenElec and Runeaudio. Too good to be true :|. OpenElec worked ok (it was some old version but no matter) and Runeaudio did not. If I remember I just got black screen on TV and that was all (I tried it on Raspberry Pi B+).

Then I was trying to put newest versions of both operating systems (OpenElec and Runeaudio) on USB stick partitions and setting noobs to run OS from USB stick, but without success. So I am switching SD cards till next attempt.
Mat

Postby dante6913 » 19 Jan 2016, 12:22

Mat wrote:After a few hours spent with noobs and partitions without success I gave up.

Dante, I did copy your files to /OS folder and noobs installer done its job. So I had two options to choose on boot: OpenElec and Runeaudio. Too good to be true :|. OpenElec worked ok (it was some old version but no matter) and Runeaudio did not. If I remember I just got black screen on TV and that was all (I tried it on Raspberry Pi B+).

Then I was trying to put newest versions of both operating systems (OpenElec and Runeaudio) on USB stick partitions and setting noobs to run OS from USB stick, but without success. So I am switching SD cards till next attempt.

i think your error is due that the root tar and boot tar in my runeaudio for noobs, was made from a install on a raspberry 2 and you are using Raspberry Pi B+.

You can use that old openelec to update to a new version.
dante6913

Postby dante6913 » 19 Jan 2016, 15:19

For raspberry pi 1 (A,B,B+)
http://www.filedropper.com/runeaudiopi1tar

I wasn't able to test it, so if you try please post feed back so i can be sure that this one works
dante6913

Postby Mat » 29 Jan 2016, 12:44

Dante, thanks for this. I was waiting to get RPI 2. I tried your prepared runeaudio OS for NOOBS (RPI2) and I can confirm it works very well. I have updated both (OpenElec and Runeaudio) to the latest version :)

So my next steps will be (when time is going to be on my side):
- create script and define LIRC to reset RPI to "Video" or "Audio" mode via IR remote
- put OpenElec storage partition on USB stick instead of SD card, maybe also runeaudio's if it is possible
- try hondag's image from support-for-7-touchscreen-monitor-for-raspberry-pi-t2868.html to show runeaudio's GUI on TV via HDMI

This RPI is very nice toy but takes a looot of time :|
Mat

Postby gromit » 07 Feb 2016, 23:38

Because filedropper isn`t working for me (i guess a premium account is necessary)
Is it possible to use a free file hoster like dropbox?
gromit

Postby dante6913 » 09 Feb 2016, 13:05

dante6913

Postby infspirit » 09 Feb 2016, 22:09

It's working great! Thank you!
infspirit

Postby gromit » 14 Feb 2016, 23:09

Thanks for sharing your RuneAudio package, it`s working great.
Can you please describe in short words what you have modified/added in comparsion to the original runeaudio image?

Best regards!
gromit

Postby marco_nr9 » 19 Feb 2016, 16:01

thanks with this forum ,I created a multiboot with runeaudio and OpenELEC .

I tried it also with Berryboot but it wont work.
But i love the hdmi-cec control with berryboot what Noobs doesn't have.
marco_nr9

Postby dunghnguyen » 16 May 2016, 10:29

@dante6913: hi bro! Can you support to make one for Pi 3? I am sure people using Pi 3 need it for Noobs. Tks.
dunghnguyen

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi