Dropout during play ('Library' shows as 'Updating')

Raspberry Pi related support

Dropout during play ('Library' shows as 'Updating')

Postby pi-fi » 08 Dec 2017, 18:43

Hi everyone.
I am using RuneAudio_rpi2_rp3_0.4-beta_20160321_2GB.img to play from local USB storage to an O-DAC.
Recently, there has been a problem where USB (FLAC) files just stop playing and the 'Library' tab shows as 'Updating' (the library wasn't actually updating as it had, of course already, fully updated)

It may be no coincidence that I had previously, briefly, enabled / disabled DSD playback in MPD.
I thought I would just try doing another 'save and apply' in MPD. This reverts 'Updating' back to 'Library' but it's not possible to play from the local storage queue (though a radio station in the queue still played)

After a full shutdown / restart, things are back to normal for a while. I've thought about blanking / reflashing the SD card with the image again but I'd rather avoid this.

If anyone has had this symptom and knows of a simple remedy, I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Thank you
pi-fi

Re: Dropout during play ('Library' shows as 'Updating')

Postby janui » 08 Dec 2017, 19:09

Hi pi-fi,
Just a thought, do you have 'Auto update' in the MPD page enabled or disabled?
janui
janui

Re: Dropout during play ('Library' shows as 'Updating')

Postby pi-fi » 09 Dec 2017, 00:35

Hi janui,
Thanks for your reply.
I have 'Auto update' enabled (because I do, occasionally make changes to files so need the database to update itself)

Maybe I will experiment with disabling it for a while just to see if the problem occurs with Auto update off.
EDIT: Problem still occurred with Auto update off.

Thanks for the thought..
pi-fi

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi