Dragonfly Red

Working DACs, USB dongles, ...

Dragonfly Red

Postby Tinitus » 02 May 2016, 22:13

Hi,

it seems like the old Dragonlies work with RuneAudio. Now the new Dragonfly Red is out, which boasts, which boasts a digital volume control. In fact audioquests website states that using the renderers volume control it will act via proxy, so that the volume is set in the Dragonflies digital volume control (integrated on the DAC chip). Will that work with RuneAudio? At the moment I use a DAC and a preamplifier to feed my active speakers. If it was possible to use the Dragonflies digital volume control through RuneAudio this would make a very lean system C1 running RuneAudio Dragonfly active speakers.

Best Regards

Uwe
Tinitus

Re: Dragonfly Red

Postby ACX » 03 May 2016, 10:51

Hi, it should work configuring the hardware volume option in the UI. Make sure of the possibility to control the volume under Linux via alsamixer - if that works, hardware volume in RuneAudio will too.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Tomson » 31 May 2016, 17:53

I'm using AudioQuest Dragonfly Red with Raspberry Pi 2. Hardware volume control does not work in RuneAudio beta version 0.4 20160321. However, the same configuration works in Volumio 1.55. I hope that it will be resolved in Runeaudio soon.
Tomson

Postby ACX » 02 Jun 2016, 13:09

Hi Tomson, could you please run the following commands and tell us the output result of each one?

1) aplay -l
2) aplay -L
3) amixer -c <card> controls
4) amixer -c <card> scontrols
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Compatibility list