Does MPD add or modify tags during import?

Raspberry Pi related support

Does MPD add or modify tags during import?

Postby tungdo » 12 Dec 2017, 03:09

Hi
I am a new convert to runeaudio and have struggled my way through getting my hardware setup working. It's not yet perfect but is usable - I'm able to play all my digital music collection and stream my favourite online station - Radio Paradise. Now I'm having trouble with some of the details.

As a preface to my questions below, I should say that I have tagged my music collection quite completely and consistently. I have used Album Artist for sorting (using Foobar on my desktop) and ignore (track) artist so it may be filled in inconsistently. I have defined my own set of genres and use them consistently.

So I have some questions about the origin of the tags that end up in the MPD database. For example:

1. after I have a lot of new strange genres of the form (0) or (0)Blues etc. There are about 20 of them. As far as I can tell, the artists that are in these (number) genres are also in the genres I have specified in my library. Can anyone tell me why/how these strange genres appear?

2. is there some way to force MPD to use Album Artist only - i.e. ignore (track) artist

Thanks to all who imagined and created this great product. Once I gain some more experience and knowledge I plan to contribute in some way - probably in documentation.
tungdo

Re: Does MPD add or modify tags during import?

Postby hondagx35 » 12 Dec 2017, 18:03

Hi tungdo,

1) Get access to the console and execute:
Code: Select all
mpc find genre "(0)Blues"

You will get the paths to the songs in your library.
Check the genre with mp3tag or any other tagging software.

2) No

Frank

- Get access to the console:
Use SSH from your PC
    If you are not familiar with SSH read this for Windows or this for Linux/MacOS
    The default login for RuneAudio is "root" with the password "rune" (without quotes).
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi