DAB integration?

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: DAB integration?

Postby jon3 » 12 Dec 2016, 13:54

I hope that we can expect something about this whole thing and could be in the next version we expect this all together is available.
jon3

Postby bo.vestergaard » 13 Dec 2016, 13:42

How are you guys getting on with this? I am very interested in doing the same. Both DAB and FM radio on my Runeaudio PI would be fantastic. Keep us posted :)
bo.vestergaard

Postby daviestar » 13 Dec 2016, 14:06

The situation may be different now, but the roadblock I hit was while we could get a 'hello world' from FM transmissions through rtl_fm, there was no compatible CLI available for DAB/DAB+ tuning.
daviestar

Postby hangman » 28 Jan 2017, 10:42

I have good news!

Command line DAB radio player is coming to the Rpi + RTL2832U/R820T. A guy named Albrecht Lohofener has started a fork of Jan van Katwijk's dab-rpi (sdr-j). He is programming on no less than FOUR user interfaces (versions) for the player.

From the README:
dab-rpi

This repository contains the implementation of a simple DAB/DAB+ receiver. It is derived from the sdr-j-dab software, optimized for embedded systems like Raspberry Pi 2 and Raspberry Pi 3 but it runs on regular PC's as well.

The receiver supports terrestrial DAB and DAB+ reception with as input the samplestream from either an AIRSPY, a SDRplay, a dabstick (rtl_sdr), a rtl_tcp server or a (prerecorded) file. It will give sound output through the selected soundcard or - if configured - through a TCP connection.

There are now FOUR versions of the dab-rpi software, the set is extended with a "command line only" version.

GUI_1 is a version with a GUI using regular QT widgets, it can be build with Qt4 and Qt5;
GUI_2 is a "command line" version. i.e. no widgets at all, no flexibility, just pass the channel, the program next to Band, Mode and Device (of course there are defaults).
GUI_3 is a touch and high DPI display optimized GUI based in QT QML. It can be build using Qt5.7 and higher.
GUI_4 is a version without a GUI, the program is controlled remotely using a TCP connection. A simple remote controller is included in the sources; The dab-rpi version - the simple remote controller as well - can be build using Qt4 and Qt5;

https://github.com/AlbrechtL/dab-rpi

Have a good look at the README.GUI_[1-4].md files.
hangman

Postby hangman » 05 Feb 2017, 19:29

dab-rpi update:

Albrecht Lohofener's dab-rpi has now changed it's name to welle.io , and is available at https://github.com/AlbrechtL/welle.io .
Jan van Katwijk's dab-rpi seems to continue at a steady pace, and it's located at https://github.com/JvanKatwijk/dab-rpi

It seems like these projects are being developed in parallell with a cooperation between them.
hangman

Postby jon3 » 06 Feb 2017, 10:56

It might even for runeaudio what to edit in order to be able to listen to DAB/DAB and FM radio stations, of course, I hope that there will be something in the new update, so you can only use it in the car, I could then just with a remote control and would be taken care of. ;) :D 8-)
jon3

Postby tegger » 10 Mar 2017, 13:50

Jvan Katwijk started an own cmdline Version:

https://github.com/JvanKatwijk/dab-cmdline
tegger

Postby andib » 17 Mar 2017, 21:06

i'm new to runeaudio. But whe i hear DAB in runeaudio .... amazing!! I hope somebody could integrate this in some manner .....

Thank you for your work!
andib

Postby andib » 31 Mar 2017, 15:30

Please ... please please bring DAB to the next 0.4 Beta. This is amazing!! Please Keep us posted.

Thank you for the great project!
andib

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi