Click/Pop/Crack when changing tracks

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: Click/Pop/Crack when changing tracks

Postby Valek » 22 Aug 2016, 23:32

Hi,

Can confirm unfortunately there is an issue with pi 3 + pi-dac+ (just bought both new) with latest runeaudio (21/03).

pops/cracks on track change, also on seek, also on play start. not depending on volume (ie you hear them much better with low volume than on high, because level of pops is same all the time).

(on my old pi2 + hifiberrydac and rune 20141027 there is no such issue)
Valek

Postby Valek » 23 Aug 2016, 21:52

Hi,

Can further confirm same issues on alternative os'es, so it is not runeaudio in fault.

Have managed to minimize pops between songs (i mean when the songs change in playlist themselves) by increasing automute time in alsamixer. At least it seems so to me...

Pops on song start when you press play first time and on song change when you press next are still there.

Any ideas to guide me? Any chance dac or pi are faulty? Or that is normal? Which wd be strange as haven't noticed anything on older setup.

thanks
Valentin
Valek

Postby hondagx35 » 23 Aug 2016, 23:29

Hi Valek,

Can confirm unfortunately there is an issue with pi 3 + pi-dac+

Pi-DAC+ from IQaudIO?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Valek » 24 Aug 2016, 06:48

hondagx35 wrote:Hi Valek,

Can confirm unfortunately there is an issue with pi 3 + pi-dac+

Pi-DAC+ from IQaudIO?

Frank

Hello, Frank,

Yes, correct.

Thanks in advance if any suggestions.

Valentin
Valek

Postby cletus3x » 27 Aug 2016, 19:06

Hello,

I just recently built a runeaudio setup after messing around with Volumio and other applications.
I have an rpi3, 7" display output to a Geek Pulse via USB.

I works great and love the software however, I am getting the same popping issue when starting tracks or rebooting the system like the others on this thread.

Debug attached.
http://pastebin.com/d1xyaas7

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-George
cletus3x

Postby RB0135 » 02 Sep 2016, 08:51

Hi All,

Just like to report I have the same issue, however, not with the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro but with the HiFiBerry Digi+.

I have both hats. Try the DAC+ works perfect, no clicks, pops, etc but when I attached the HiFiberry Digi+ hat, that is when the pops start.

What I think it might be (from my experiments) is when a song changes to another song with a different bitrate (EG: from say 44.1Khz, 16bit, 320kbps (MP3) to 192Khz, 24Bit, 5134Kpbs (FLAC) or from the Flac file to the MP3).

If the same bit rate songs are playing back to back (IE: 44.1Khz, 16Bit) then there are no pops, clicks, etc.

I wish there was an amalgamated list of fixes to try.

Thanks,
Rob
#1 - rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 3B, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, Wifi-Static IP, Music on NAS, Technics SU-V550 (RCA)
#2 - rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 3B, HiFiBerry DIGI+ (Transformer version), Wifi-Static IP, Music on NAS, Sony STR-DA5400ES (Coax)
RB0135

Postby elmer » 02 Sep 2016, 15:13

I have a Hifiberry Digi+ transformer version + Raspberry Pi 3B arriving hopefully in a couple weeks. If no solution is posted by the time I get it together, I'll see what I can figure out and post it here.
elmer

Postby AndyF » 14 Sep 2016, 11:55

I've got a RPi 2 with HifiBerry DAC+ and latest Image. There are silent but noticeable pops by manual changing tracks. Seems mpd close and open audio device on every change. Automatic changes by playing the queue don't have this effect.
A test with openelec has silent changes if you use the option to keep audio on.

Is this possible with rune too?

regards, Andy
AndyF

Postby srmrco » 15 Sep 2016, 15:00

Same issue on my RPi 3. Clicks and cracks when switching between tracks. No issue when tracks change automatically

UPDATE:
I installed HifiBerry DAC+ Pro on my RPi3 and clicks are gone. Needless to say the sound is now a lot cleaner. My guess is that clicks and cracks might have been coming from RPi's DAC or audio drivers that Rune uses for analog output.
Last edited by srmrco on 20 Sep 2016, 12:09, edited 1 time in total.
srmrco

Postby AndyF » 19 Sep 2016, 20:48

Even Volumio produces clicks/pops during manual track changes. Seems to be a general problem with this DAC? :(

Andy
AndyF

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi