Cant get wdmycloud to mount

Raspberry Pi related support

Cant get wdmycloud to mount

Postby matt » 12 Sep 2014, 01:08

I've just got my Rpi b+, have installed rune and have accessed it via browser on win7 pc and android phone. so far so good.
I cannot get it to mount my wdmycloud. I get this message "mount error: could not resolve address for es: 192.168.1.108: Unknown error "
The address is correct the info comes from my router and it is the same address used to access the mycloud dashboard.
I have SMB/CIFS as the fileshare protocol and the remote directory as Music. The full path if clicking through on windows is Public/Media/Music, i have tried this also.
Any help much appreciated.
edit: am currently listening to some music I put on a usb drive. sound quality is ok but I'm really looking forward to my hifiberry dac+ turning up now. :D
matt

Re: Cant get wdmycloud to mount

Postby matt » 12 Sep 2014, 05:16

I have rebooted the router and the wdmycloud and the Rpi. Rebooting the router gave me a different ip address for the mycloud which I was hoping might be enough to get it working but I'm still getting the same result.
I've tried turning guest access off and using a password but no luck there either.
I'm pretty much out of ideas, but I will try any suggestions anyone may have.
I've got no idea about the ssh thing I see alot about, so please be patient with me if I need to try this.
Thanks
matt

Postby matt » 12 Sep 2014, 07:20

Just tried Volumio 1.41 on the off chance I might have some luck. No, exactly the same result and same error message. :(
matt

Postby skrodahl » 12 Sep 2014, 08:51

Hi Matt,
Are you using a host name or the IP address directly for your mount?

The error message "Could not resolve address" would indicate that you are using a host name. You didn't provide the new assigned IP address, so I'm using the first one in this example to show you how you can mount your storage:

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 09.43.51.png
Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 09.43.51.png (71.35 KiB) Viewed 3254 times

The "Source Name" is just what you'd like to call your source. I called it "My Music" in this example, but you could use whatever you'd like.

Then I put in the IP address, and the path to your music collection.

If you look further down on that picture, there is a setting called "Guest Access". Set that to "Off" if you have to enter a username/password for your storage. If a username/password is not needed, set it to "On".

There should be no need to play around with the advanced options for now.
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

Postby matt » 12 Sep 2014, 09:31

Hi skrodahl, yes thats exactly what I've been doing.
I've just finished pulling all the plugs out of everything on the network, rebooting everything again, rewriting the image to the sd card and trying to mount the mycloud.
Success!! A nice green tick!
Dunno what was wrong, I was beginning to think the mycloud was faulty.
:D
matt

Postby skrodahl » 12 Sep 2014, 10:41

There are a lot of factors, all depending on your setup and your network. It is impossible to deduct from your information exactly what was wrong.

I'm happy to hear that you have succeeded though, and I hope you are as satisfied with RuneAudio as I am.

Although I said that USB DACs are not a nice fit for the Raspberry Pi, if you happen to have one lying around I suggest that you try it anyway. Perhaps you know someone who has a DAC you can borrow.

Even the cheapest USB sound cards (those at €3-5) will probably sound better than the built-in sound on the Pi. I have found that many of these cheap sound cards are using CMedia DACs, you may have to go into Menu -> Settings and set "CMedia fix" to on.

I mean... Just to pass the time while you're waiting for your DAC to arrive.
-skrodahl

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-3 || Audiobah TPA3116 || ESP P88 || ProJect Debut Carbon Espirit DC || RuneAudio / RaspBerry Pi / HifiBerry DAC || Dynaco A25
skrodahl

Postby matt » 12 Sep 2014, 21:56

It looks like the mycloud was the problem. Rune audio spent all night scanning the database and was still going when I got up. I have run a diagnostic test on the mycloud and it says there is something wrong. My cheap project may have just gotten a little more expensive.
skrodahl - i'll definitely be trying out all the options I can while I wait for my dac to arrive, but I will concentrate on getting everything working properly first.
I'm impressed so far, its played everything I've thrown at it without a hitch and finally having gapless playback again (wdtv live doesn't do gapless) is great.
matt

Postby cmh714 » 12 Sep 2014, 22:14

I dont know specifically your problem, but could be disk corruption as one example. Another really simple thing is check the Setting for ffmpeg and if its enabled that could be your issue.

Also not sure why, but on some of my music that has special characters like ? it seems there some sort of trouble. Whats really odd, it happens on like maybe 15-20 songs, and with approaching 50k songs I know there are more question marks in my collection.
cmh714

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi