Re: Cannot mount NAS

Postby foxint » 17 Jan 2019, 10:06

Here you go guys it is listed on eBay

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132921324323

Less than half what I paid for it….please bid
foxint

Postby eea123 » 17 Jan 2019, 12:54

Shipping to the US would probably kill me. Too bad we couldn't get it worked out for you. I'm still betting you could have manually edited the config file in PuTTY and changed the card type. The default in v0.4 was this, I changed it to dacplus and mine took right off.

# Uncomment one of these lines to enable an audio interface
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dac
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus
eea123

Postby foxint » 17 Jan 2019, 21:22

Hi eea123

Thank you.

I have no idea about changing the code. It scares me going into the code. If I do I will probably get chastised by someone when I mess it up. So safer it I do not.

Shipping to the USA will be about AUD25-30 with insurance. You still get a deal
foxint

Postby rastus » 17 Jan 2019, 23:58

foxint wrote:Mate

But if no one has any solutions, I may as well give up.

So if there is no solution there is no solution. But HiFiBerry tell me it works, the RunePeople tells me it works. So I have to give it my best shot.

All I can say is I gave it my best shot.

Do not be so quick to pick the meat of the carcus.

It is you that said you'd toss it in the bin! In asking for it, I was only responding to your words (knowing you did not mean what you said), before it get's tossed in the bin. Don't say it, if you don't mean it.

Also, there IS a solution to "...HiFiBerry tell me it works, the RunePeople tells me it works." and one thing you have not considered, it's not a software issue, it is not a hardware issue, it IS a user issue.... in other words, you. Sorry to say, but it is the truth.

Anyway, you gave it your best shot, as you did in trying to conect to your NAS. But I think, in future, you need to do more research before buying... maybe something that everyone else is using would be a good choice (or a prebuilt product). The cheap PiFi DAC's do work just fine, and are easier to setup/configure (for most people).

Regards,

Rastus.
rastus

Postby foxint » 18 Jan 2019, 00:22

Rastus

Thank you for your comments.

I really do not appreciate your comments. Everyone (now and in the past) have been GREAT and supportive of a novice like me.

You on the other hand have not. I thank you for your observations. If you would like to help without personal comment like: “it IS a user issue” it will be most appreciated.

We all must start somewhere, and we all have a different pace.

If you plan to continue to make person comments, I would urge you to remain silent.

Your (Rastus) comments have cemented my resolve to sell the board.

My apologies and thanks to all who have been very helpful, I have the greatest admiration to you who have made suggestions without person comments about the “user”.
foxint

Postby rastus » 18 Jan 2019, 02:21

eea123 wrote:I'm still betting you could have manually edited the config file in PuTTY and changed the card type. The default in v0.4 was this, I changed it to dacplus and mine took right off.

# Uncomment one of these lines to enable an audio interface
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi
#dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dac
#dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus

foxint wrote:I have no idea about changing the code. It scares me going into the code. If I do I will probably get chastised by someone when I mess it up. So safer it I do not.

foxint > What eea123 is refering to is NOT editing code, it IS editing a simple TEXT file..... repeat: editing a SIMPLE text file. Nothing more than that, and really... think about this: editing this text file is simple, AND it may BE the answer to your issue!!!

It seems to me your NAS/network problem has been going on for over a year now, and you have started THREE threads about the same subject.

It seems to me your HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR problem has been going on for over month now, and you have started TWO threads about the same subject.

19 Feb 2018, 17:49 : Lost Pi on Network
07 Dec 2018, 16:39: Set Up for HiFiBerry DAC + Pro XLR
27 Dec 2018, 07:15: Cannnot Load HiFiBerry DAC Plus Pro XLR Module
02 Jan 2019, 10:01: RuneAudio Temporarily Unavailable NOW regularly
08 Jan 2019, 18:49: Cannot mount NAS

Suggestion: Solve ONE probem at a time, and do not move onto the next problem UNTIL after it has been solved. Open/start ONE thread about ONE problem and see it through to the end, ie: until it is fixed. Do not move on to the next problem. You are making it more complex than it is. Children, school age children, are using the Raspberry Pi for software coding. Surely if the Raspberry Pi is too complex then move on and buy a complete product (ask for suggestions).
rastus

Postby foxint » 18 Jan 2019, 02:42

Rastus

Thank you for your very unconstructive comments.

I know there is a problem, but I do not know how to fix it.

Your comments are not making it any better. As I said, if you cannot be helpful, please leave your personal attacks out of the comments.
foxint

Postby rastus » 18 Jan 2019, 02:51

foxint wrote:Rastus

Thank you for your comments.

I really do not appreciate your comments. Everyone (now and in the past) have been GREAT and supportive of a novice like me.

You on the other hand have not. I thank you for your observations. If you would like to help without personal comment like: “it IS a user issue” it will be most appreciated.

We all must start somewhere, and we all have a different pace.

If you plan to continue to make person comments, I would urge you to remain silent.

Your (Rastus) comments have cemented my resolve to sell the board.

My apologies and thanks to all who have been very helpful, I have the greatest admiration to you who have made suggestions without person comments about the “user”.

My comments are not "personal", they are just my obserations from reading your posts since 2016... and back in 2016 I offered to drive to you and fix your problem myself, AND I even tried to talk you through the problem you had back then on the phone (remember?).

So I caused you to sell the board? LOL! You are selling it because you cannot get it to work, and there is nothing wrong with the board, it's just you (reasons stated in above posts by me).

As a TAFE teacher of InfoTech I can only go on what is presented.... if the hardware works (is brand new), and the software works (plenty of people using RuneAudio), then it must be.... the user. And judging from your comments I am very sure of it.

It's not all bad, I am tone deaf, so tuning a piano by ear is out of my scope. Im not upset, it's a fact. And the fact is, from your many posts, you cannot do this.... face it, it's easier.

And fox, don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the messege.

Regards,

Rastus.

PS: You are my proof that the user is the problem!
rastus

Postby foxint » 18 Jan 2019, 02:59

Rastus

May I ask again: Please do not make anymore personal observations and if you want to add something please add something positive.

I have reported the post. I hope, I really hope that you stop posting on my questions. Your comments are not constructive, and they are not welcomed.
foxint

Postby rastus » 18 Jan 2019, 03:07

foxint wrote:Rastus

Thank you for your very unconstructive comments.
I know there is a problem, but I do not know how to fix it.
Your comments are not making it any better. As I said, if you cannot be helpful, please leave your personal attacks out of the comments.

Unconstructive? Depends how you look at it.... it's your stress level going up (because you can't solve this problem), not mine.

A solution was offered above, you refused to even try it: "I have no idea about changing the code. It scares me going into the code."

And, "What eea123 is refering to is NOT editing code, it IS editing a simple TEXT file....."

It's not my comments that are the problem.... I'm trying very hard to be helpful, it is you that won't (can't?) follow instructions.

As for "personal attacks", not even close. You can't deal with the truth.

PS: If you cannot edit a text file, then...
rastus

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi