Browsing albums by cover art

Raspberry Pi related support

Browsing albums by cover art

Postby mike.errecart » 13 Apr 2016, 15:35

Hi RuneAudio team !
First of all, i'd like to say that english is not my native language, so my way of expressing things can be awkward ;)

Then, i'd like to thank all of you very much for that piece of software that is RuneAudio. I installed it on my fresh RPi 3/DAC+, and i enjoy it very very much ;)
I tested most of the other "mainstream" softwares for building a RPi Audio Server, but RuneAudio is my absolute favorite.

Then, i have a little question for the team : i'd like to know whether it might be possible one day in the future, to have a "coverflow" style browsing in RuneUI.
I mean, browsing albums by cover art, directly in RuneUI, maybe using a few different "search location" for the cover art (like cover.jpg, folder.jpg, or the first cover in the embedded tags of the first song of the album etc...)

Is it *just* not possible technically, for some reasons, or can this be done ?

Thanks again for all your work, i love RuneAudio !

Mike
mike.errecart

Re: Browsing albums by cover art

Postby hondagx35 » 13 Apr 2016, 20:34

Hi Mike,

welcome to RuneAudio and many thanks for your feedback.

i'd like to know whether it might be possible one day in the future, to have a "coverflow" style browsing in RuneUI.

I also like to have such a feature, but at the moment it is not possible to integrate it the easy way.

It is on the roadmap.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby mike.errecart » 14 Apr 2016, 15:48

Thank you Frank for your answer.
I'm glad to hear that it's on the roadmap, and that it might be done one day ;)

I'm a very noob with RPi/RuneAudio stuff, but i'm a dev, and i'm curious ;)
I'm dying to ask you what are the challenges that make it hard to implement, but i know that it's a very hard question to answer, since you don't know where to put "the technical cursor".

So, i'll ask you another one ;)

I browsed the github repos for RuneOS, RuneUI and the associated docs, but found no information on how to set up a local environment to dev/debug RuneUi, in order to try to better understand how all this works.

Could you give me some hints/pointers please ?

Thanks !

Mike
mike.errecart

Postby mike.errecart » 15 Apr 2016, 09:41

Hi Frank, Mike again.

I made some tests yesterday on a Synology Box, and i'm about to install phpredis package on it, but since it's really hacky to do (on a synology box), i'm wondering whether i'll make my tests in a linux environment, using a virtualization engine (to be defined), on my windows laptop.

Is a linux box, with MPD, Redis, Php, and Phpredis module is enough or do i miss something ?

Thanks in advance !

Mike
mike.errecart

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Apr 2016, 12:32

Hi Mike,

Is a linux box, with MPD, Redis, Php, and Phpredis module is enough or do i miss something ?

For what?

I'm doing all the development on my Pi itself (using putty and WinSCP to access the files).

Frank
hondagx35

Postby mike.errecart » 15 Apr 2016, 12:44

Thanks Frank, this is what i figured out this morning. I made another sdcard with Rune, one i will use to mess around with the code.

Mike
mike.errecart

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi