Bluetooth Speaker/Streaming

Raspberry Pi related support

Bluetooth Speaker/Streaming

Postby cyber7 » 18 Jun 2015, 07:29

Hi Everyone.
Looking at the board I see a lot of questions, but no real answer.

Question:
CAN I STREAM AUDIO VIA BLUETOOTH?

I just got a D-Link speaker (I see Logitech and HP also has them) that you can connect to via bluetooth and stream audio to it. I do have a USB Bluetooth device and can pick it up with OpenElec (Although I have not done much with it), so I beleave it to be possible.

My question is: How?

Hope this topic starts a positive discussion and solution to streaming audio via bluetooth.

kind regards
cyber7 (aka Aubrey Kloppers, Cape Town, South Africa)
To err is human, to err again is machine!
cyber7

Re: Bluetooth Speaker/Streaming

Postby cyber7 » 22 Jun 2015, 08:29

I have just posted a guide how to get this going on Rasbian. Please could someone tell me why this is not part of the RuneAudio future?

Read how to here:
https://aubreykloppers.wordpress.com/20 ... ate-guide/
To err is human, to err again is machine!
cyber7

Postby ACX » 23 Jun 2015, 21:39

Hi cyber7,
nobody said that this is not part of the RuneAudio future :) We are just short of time and we also don't own any bluetooth speaker to test with. Would you like to contribute with a guide on how to integrate that in RuneAudio? We could add it to the official documentation. Let me know, in that case I'll create a new dedicated page for that.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby waves » 14 Jul 2015, 19:55

This feature would be very useful to have. Even those who ordinarily listen through wired speakers might occasionally want to divert the audio to a portable bluetooth speaker device for listening in another room or something.

Cyber7 do you know if the additional packages used in your guide ( bluetooth bluez bluez-utils bluez-alsa python-mpd ) are all available for Arch or, if not, some other packages could to the trick instead? Have you perhaps even since the last post tested this in Arch? For users with Android devices it would be possible to uses some automation tool on the phone to use SSH to trigger some script on the Rune box which in turn enables/disables the bluetooth audio output in the background. That way a first version of this feature could be had without modifying the Rune GUI at all.
waves

Postby andib » 30 Mar 2017, 07:11

Any News on this topic? is this link for output or input ore nothing of both? https://www.google.ch/amp/s/www.tech-kn ... linux/amp/
i have no linux know how, but like ore need bluetooth output working ... thank for your Efforts
andib

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi