BBC Radio Stations

Build/modify/repair equipment and improve systems performance by yourself

Re: BBC Radio Stations

Postby LC1 » 14 Nov 2014, 16:58

Thanks, I had seen your step-by-step, but I found it a bit daunting, since I don't have any experience of putty, hence why I would personally love to see this included in the next version of Rune!

I might give it a try though... A couple of questions, if you don't mind?

Do you simply hit enter after each line of code, as outlined in steps 2-6 of your list?

(And can I just copy/paste each set directly from your post?)

And when you say to press Ctrl-X, then Y, then Enter - am I still holding Ctrl-X when hitting Y & Enter?

Thanks!
LC1

Postby aj78 » 14 Nov 2014, 21:36

Hi LC1,

Yes, just hit enter after each line. Copy and pasting from the forum should work! For the bits in the editors you should be able to copy and paste the whole lot all at once.

For the Ctrl-X bit, press Ctrl-X then let go. That's the command for "exit the editor". It will then ask if you want to save, so you press Y, and then it asks you to confirm the filename, so you press Enter.

Good luck!
aj78

Postby LC1 » 15 Nov 2014, 17:23

Hi aj78, and thanks again for this, I will give it a try as soon as I have a spare half hour or so! :)
LC1

Postby gbexfal » 13 Jul 2015, 09:06

Hi- I tried to do this and got as far as the Edit crone bit. I got a response that crone was not recognised. Have I got to install something else on top of the bare runeaudio set up?
gbexfal

Postby Discovery » 16 Jul 2015, 20:49

Hi,

I've tried following AJ78's helpful advice to get BBC radio streams and hit a snag at the point where CRON is enabled.

When I type "systemctl enable cronie" the system responds with "Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory"

I'd welcome advice.

Thanks
Discovery

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to DIY and tweaks