Backup via Network

Raspberry Pi related support

Backup via Network

Postby rpt007 » 20 Feb 2017, 14:01

Hi all,

I have built my Raspi2 with runeaudio into a housing (within a bigger furniture) which is meant to stay closed because -> never touch a running system ...
The power on/off issue is solved by using a Mausberry circuit (with a LED illuminated external momentary button as the original circuit is (mechanically) pretty lousy for normal operation.

Everything is (close to be) fine right now and my idea is to set up a backup procedure to my Synology NAS - just in case.

As I only have limited Linux experience -> does anybody here have already set up a backup procedure over a network (and preferrably to a Synology NAS server) and is willing to share the experiences and knowledge?

What I googled so far (in German language):
https://www.linux-tips-and-tricks.de/de/raspberry/23-pi-erstellt-automatisch-backups-von-sich-selbst-pi-creates-automatic-backups-of-itself

But I have not yet dared to play around with that as I don't know if Arch Linux allows for applying this procedure 1:1 ?

Raimund
rpt007

Re: Backup via Network

Postby framp » 21 Feb 2017, 18:03

RaspiBackup needs bash, rsync, tar and dd only which should be available on arch. Try it and if you hit any issues feel free to report them on the website in a comment and I will try to fix them if possible.
framp

Postby rpt007 » 22 Feb 2017, 08:57

Thank you, I will give it a try when my time allows and will report back.
rpt007

Postby hondagx35 » 22 Feb 2017, 09:15

Hi framp,

thank you for posting here.

RaspiBackup needs bash, rsync, tar and dd only which should be available on arch.

I did some tests on our latest image (Raspberry Pi 2/3) and it works as it should.

As RuneAudio is designed a headless music player we have to find a way to implement the backup feature in our UI.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi