Autostart play audio on boot

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Autostart play audio on boot

Postby ThorRaspberry » 19 Apr 2018, 11:38

Hello guys.. Im new on raspberry world and i want make something on this.
I need to make a raspberry when i plug the power supply auto start play music from folder or usb etc. But carefull! i need this for a car audio project so in my project DOESNT exist external display or mouse-keyboard etc so i need only plug and play if is possible. As i say and before im new to this world so i need step by step.. ex. What software must use, (now im using openelec), how to setup, etc..
My raspberry is Raspberry pi 3 model b
Thanks in advance :)
ThorRaspberry

Re: Autostart play audio on boot

Postby janui » 19 Apr 2018, 12:04

Hi ThorRaspberry,
ThorRaspberry wrote:But carefull! i need this for a car audio project so in my project DOESNT exist external display or mouse-keyboard etc so i need only plug and play if is possible. As i say and before im new to this world so i need step by step.. ex. What software must use, (now im using openelec), how to setup, etc..
This is standard for RuneAudio. See here for instructions: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/
Random play (plays random tracks from your collection, starts automatically) and Auto play (plays the current playlist automatically) are the options you need. These are on the Setting menu page. But not in the standard version.
In this version Auto play is working, not sure about Random play: runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434.html#p19960
In this version Random play works, not sure about Auto play: runeaudio-0-3-beta-for-raspberry-pi-t502-520.html#p23625
A new version will be released shortly which is fully tested for Random and Auto play, but you will need to wait for this.
janui
janui

Postby ThorRaspberry » 19 Apr 2018, 12:14

janui wrote:Hi ThorRaspberry,
ThorRaspberry wrote:But carefull! i need this for a car audio project so in my project DOESNT exist external display or mouse-keyboard etc so i need only plug and play if is possible. As i say and before im new to this world so i need step by step.. ex. What software must use, (now im using openelec), how to setup, etc..
This is standard for RuneAudio. See here for instructions: http://www.runeaudio.com/documentation/
Random play (plays random tracks from your collection, starts automatically) and Auto play (plays the current playlist automatically) are the options you need. These are on the Setting menu page. But not in the standard version.
In this version Auto play is working, not sure about Random play: runeaudio-0-4-beta-for-raspberry-pi2-3-t4434.html#p19960
In this version Random play works, not sure about Auto play: runeaudio-0-3-beta-for-raspberry-pi-t502-520.html#p23625
A new version will be released shortly which is fully tested for Random and Auto play, but you will need to wait for this.
janui

at 1st thanks for fast answer.. i need ask something for understund 100%. RuneAudio is application that must install on my OpenElec? or is software like we say kodi,linux etc?
ThorRaspberry

Postby janui » 19 Apr 2018, 13:00

Hi ThorRaspberry,
RuneAudio is completely self-contained. Just download the image, copy it to a SD-card, plug it in and switch it on.
janui
janui

Postby ThorRaspberry » 24 Apr 2018, 14:33

janui wrote:Hi ThorRaspberry,
RuneAudio is completely self-contained. Just download the image, copy it to a SD-card, plug it in and switch it on.
janui

Hello again.. Im running complete runeaudio now. I plug the usb it says usb connected but if i dont add the music to library doesnt auto-play.. i need to make when i put the usb with songs inside to start play auto without press anything. is this possible? i dont know how to setup for this.
ThorRaspberry

Postby janui » 24 Apr 2018, 17:18

HI ThorRaspberry,
Don't know what you need, here is how it works:
    Auto Play: Automatically plays what is in the queue
    Random Play: When the last song in the queue has finished or the queue is empty, adds one song randomly from the library to the queue and plays it
Not sure if both options will work together in the Rune version which you are using.
janui
janui

Postby ThorRaspberry » 24 Apr 2018, 21:34

janui wrote:HI ThorRaspberry,
Don't know what you need, here is how it works:
    Auto Play: Automatically plays what is in the queue
    Random Play: When the last song in the queue has finished or the queue is empty, adds one song randomly from the library to the queue and plays it
Not sure if both options will work together in the Rune version which you are using.
janui

i need plug and play. lets explain. I have songs on my usb stick right? now put the power supply on raspbery so rasperry starts and running runeaudio.. so now i plug the usb stick but nothing happened.. says update but nothing happened. Must add manual on queue and hit play for start playing audio. That of i need is plug power supply- plug usb sitck-play mustic without press anything. Is this possible?
ThorRaspberry

Postby janui » 25 Apr 2018, 13:57

Hi ThorRaspberry,
See earlier in the thread:
Random play (plays random tracks from your collection, starts automatically) and Auto play (plays the current playlist automatically) are the options you need. These are on the MPD menu page. But not in the standard version.

Looks like you need random play switched on. You find the control for this in the MPD menu.
janui
janui

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request