1. I connected the the power button http://tinyurl.com/grtck56 to the DAC Sabe V3
2. I pressed the button and the Pi3 boots up just fine, everything is working!
3. However, the LED on the power button keeps blinking blue. Something wrong?
I've looked through 12 pages of this topic and through the French forums linked on here. I couldn't find the solution.
You guys keep talking about Runeaudio and installing power managment scripts for that. But for my build I am not using that. I'm using OpenElec kodi.
How do I fix the blue blinking light on the power button?
Edit: So I did some digging around and found out that I need to run a python script which turns of the blinking LED on autostart.sh for Kodi. However, my script doesn't seem to do anything upon booting up my raspberry pi 3...
Edit2: I did it! I don't think its exactly the correct way.
If you are going to use Kodi for your setup, follow these steps:
1. Install the RPi GPIO addon on Kodi http://www.barryhubbard.com/raspberry-pi/howto-raspberry-pi-openelec-power-wake-shutdown-button-using-gpio/ (step 2 from this link)
2. Connect to your Raspberry through ssh (username: root // password: openelec)
3. Create an autostart.sh file in /storage/.config/
4. Create a file called something like "stopBlinkingLight" or "afterBoot"
5. Paste this code in
- Code: Select all
GNU nano 2.5.3 File: stopBlinkingLight.py
import RPi.GPIO as gpio
print "Audiophonics Shutdown script starting..."
print "Asserting pins : "
print "ShutDown : GPIO17=in, Low"
print "BootOK : GPIO22=out, High"
time.sleep(1) #important to have this or else script won't work >.<
6. Add execute permission to the files (autostart.ph and the one you just created)