Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)

Suggestions/requests/ideas for RuneAudio core features and functions

Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)

Postby jesper » 12 Mar 2017, 02:09

Dear Developer,
I have a Time Capsule that I'd like to use as my NAS for streaming my music from to the RuneAudio on RPI 3B, but it doesn't work. I looked around and think it needs Netatalk or something like that, but I found no instructions on the web clear enough so that I could understand how to add this protocol to the RuneOS myself.

It would be very appreciated to get AFP for the RuneAudio! Anyone who know how to add this?
jesper

Re: Apple Filing Protocol (AFP)

Postby hondagx35 » 12 Mar 2017, 11:48

Hi jesper,

your Time Capsule should be mountable via cifs without any issues.
Please post your settings and the error message you get.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby jesper » 12 Mar 2017, 18:50

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your reply. I did try all three login settings in my Time Capsule - With accounts, With a disk password and With device password - and none worked. First off, which of these three are the correct choice?

I have also a MyBookLive and that works instantly with the SMB/CIFS protocol.

Back to the Time Capsule (which, by the way is an Airport Time Capsule):

The following error message is shown using protocol SMB/CIFS + Time Capsule in "With device password" mode:

" Usage: mount [-lhV] mount -a [options] mount [options] [--source] | [--target] mount [options] mount [] Mount a filesystem. Options: -a, --all mount all filesystems mentioned in fstab -c, --no-canonicalize don't canonicalize paths -f, --fake dry run; skip the mount(2) syscall -F, --fork fork off for each device (use with -a) -T, --fstab alternative file to /etc/fstab -i, --internal-only don't call the mount. helpers -l, --show-labels show also filesystem labels -n, --no-mtab don't write to /etc/mtab -o, --options comma-separated list of mount options -O, --test-opts limit the set of filesystems (use with -a) -r, --read-only mount the filesystem read-only (same as -o ro) -t, --types limit the set of filesystem types --source explicitly specifies source (path, label, uuid) --target explicitly specifies mountpoint -v, --verbose say what is being done -w, --rw, --read-write mount the filesystem read-write (default) -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit Source: -L, --label synonym for LABEL= -U, --uuid synonym for UUID= LABEL= specifies device by filesystem label UUID= specifies device by filesystem UUID PARTLABEL= specifies device by partition label PARTUUID= specifies device by partition UUID specifies device by path mountpoint for bind mounts (see --bind/rbind) regular file for loopdev setup Operations: -B, --bind mount a subtree somewhere else (same as -o bind) -M, --move move a subtree to some other place -R, --rbind mount a subtree and all submounts somewhere else --make-shared mark a subtree as shared --make-slave mark a subtree as slave --make-private mark a subtree as private --make-unbindable mark a subtree as unbindable --make-rshared recursively mark a whole subtree as shared --make-rslave recursively mark a whole subtree as slave --make-rprivate recursively mark a whole subtree as private --make-runbindable recursively mark a whole subtree as unbindable For more details see mount(8)."

The following error message is shown using protocol SMB/CIFS (OS X Share) + Time Capsule in "With device password" mode:

" Usage: mount [-lhV] mount -a [options] mount [options] [--source] | [--target] mount [options] mount [] Mount a filesystem. Options: -a, --all mount all filesystems mentioned in fstab -c, --no-canonicalize don't canonicalize paths -f, --fake dry run; skip the mount(2) syscall -F, --fork fork off for each device (use with -a) -T, --fstab alternative file to /etc/fstab -i, --internal-only don't call the mount. helpers -l, --show-labels show also filesystem labels -n, --no-mtab don't write to /etc/mtab -o, --options comma-separated list of mount options -O, --test-opts limit the set of filesystems (use with -a) -r, --read-only mount the filesystem read-only (same as -o ro) -t, --types limit the set of filesystem types --source explicitly specifies source (path, label, uuid) --target explicitly specifies mountpoint -v, --verbose say what is being done -w, --rw, --read-write mount the filesystem read-write (default) -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit Source: -L, --label synonym for LABEL= -U, --uuid synonym for UUID= LABEL= specifies device by filesystem label UUID= specifies device by filesystem UUID PARTLABEL= specifies device by partition label PARTUUID= specifies device by partition UUID specifies device by path mountpoint for bind mounts (see --bind/rbind) regular file for loopdev setup Operations: -B, --bind mount a subtree somewhere else (same as -o bind) -M, --move move a subtree to some other place -R, --rbind mount a subtree and all submounts somewhere else --make-shared mark a subtree as shared --make-slave mark a subtree as slave --make-private mark a subtree as private --make-unbindable mark a subtree as unbindable --make-rshared recursively mark a whole subtree as shared --make-rslave recursively mark a whole subtree as slave --make-rprivate recursively mark a whole subtree as private --make-runbindable recursively mark a whole subtree as unbindable For more details see mount(8)."

Kind regards,
Jesper
jesper

Postby hondagx35 » 12 Mar 2017, 23:02

Hi,

Please post your settings

Please post what you have entered on the sources page.

From the error message, one can see that your settings are wrong.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Feature request