Postby guglielmope » 16 May 2016, 10:43

Hello,
I've the same problem after the update to Android 6.0.1
Ciao
Guglielmo
guglielmope

Re: Android Remote Control app stopped working

Postby ACX » 23 May 2016, 00:47

An updated version will land in hours on Google Play, hopefully fixing the issue. Please give us feedback about it.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Nostromo » 24 May 2016, 11:01

Works perfect for me! Thank you for the update!

Update! I don't have the blank screen problem anymore but now it's really hard to navigate because I have to scroll a lot more. The screen is rendered at a much larger size than my screen so I have to scroll to the bottom or top to navigate my library and sometimes when scrolling up it thinks i want to refresh which puts me back on the library start page.

Is there a way to get the screen to shrink to your tablet's size?
Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk
Nostromo

Postby Supa Mint » 28 May 2016, 04:04

Awesome, thanks! Updated Rune, and updated WebView - works perfect for me.

Also, my screen looks exactly the same as before the update - it's perfect.

MUCH appreciated.

Erick
Supa Mint

Postby Tominthevan » 16 Jul 2016, 06:25

I think I'm having this problem. This has happened twice recently. Here is the sequence of events.

1. Rune is running normally and I can control it from 3 sources, my desktop, my laptop (both windows running Chrome) and also from my phone (Nexus 5x running Android 6.0.1).
2. at some point I go to play some music and find Rune is unresponsive (from any of the three control devices). It appears to be running but will not respond. At that point it is not playing music and I don't recall wheher that is because I had stopped it or it had stopped for some other reason.
3. I get Rune going again (usually this involves removing power and restoring it.
4. at that point I can control Rune from my Desktop and Laptop web browsers, but the phone will not connect. I should point out the web browsers use the Rune ip address and not the zero conf (or whatever it is that finds Rune on the network).
5. my phone will not conect to Rune. I get a black screen with a little green android robot icon partially revealed at the top of the screen.
6. I tried removing the Android Webview update as suggested above. That produces a different result (the IP address of the Rune player is displayed in blue text), but still no control.
7 I reinstalled the Webview update and uninstalled and reinstalled the Rune android app. Now it works.

I hope there's a clue there that might help solving this annoyance. At least I have a workaround for now.

Tom
Tom
rune audio 0.4, Raspberry Pi 2, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro, Lepai LP-2020+
Tominthevan

Postby syogod » 21 Jul 2016, 02:29

Just wanted to say I'm having the same problem as Tominthevan. Android app works fine for a bit, then I start getting a black screen with a little upside down green droid icon partially obscured in the top left. I can drag down on the screen it it briefly shows a refresh icon, but it goes right back to the black screen. Using the HTC 10 with Android 6.0.1. A reinstall of the RuneAudio app seems to fix it for a few hours.
syogod

Postby ElenemOZ » 22 Jul 2016, 00:09

Same here. Browser UI is fine, but android is suddenly showing the little partially revealed upside down robot...
ElenemOZ

Postby RB0135 » 27 Aug 2016, 10:57

I find exactly the same issue as Tominthevan even with a Tablet running Android 4.4 and a Galaxy S6 running 6.01.

If the device "goes to sleep" which the phone and tablet does, then when waking them up, Rune just sits there with a black screen and the blue "circle of death" spinning. If I stop the app and restart it, then it works, but only on the S6. The Tablet running 4.4 just sits there spinning, or shows the Rune screen but is not responsive then eventually locks up the Raspberry PI

I also find that the Rune box "locks up" (and might I say the only time it does) and a power cycle has to be done. Then it is fine for a while.

If you get the green Android icon, you just have to go into Settings, Applications and Clear Cache on the Rune Application (I clear data as well). However, I have not had this for a while.

Is there any way of getting this running properly or is there any tests we can try to find a resolution? Works perfect from a Browser (never had a the Raspberry/Rune lock up with the browser).

I'm on release version: 0.4 (build: beta-20160313), Raspberry 3B, HiFiBerry DAC+. I stream from a NAS.

Rob
RB0135

Postby Kilgore » 17 Dec 2016, 09:05

I too have this issue. I'm running the RUI on a Samsung Android Galaxy Tab A Tablet, running Android 5.0.2.

Before I try and uninstall Android System Webview, I just wanted to check if this is still recommended as I am currently running version 55.0.2883.91 which is a bit later than that posted above. Should I give it a try? Or is there an update with a fix to the RUI in the pipeline?
[Rune 0.4 Beta / Rasbperry Pi 3 / Pi 7" touch screen / HiFi Digi+ Pro / Optical / Schiit Bifrost MB]
Kilgore

Postby Kilgore » 17 Dec 2016, 10:34

Correction..... I meant 'uninstall updates' ;)
[Rune 0.4 Beta / Rasbperry Pi 3 / Pi 7" touch screen / HiFi Digi+ Pro / Optical / Schiit Bifrost MB]
Kilgore

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Bug report