Airplay hangs the UI.

Please report any bug found here

Airplay hangs the UI.

Postby drjff » 02 Sep 2015, 23:53

Hello, I have just installed runeaudio onto a c1+ with the odroid hi-fi module. Very grateful for such an amazing distro, first ever experience turned out success from the first try, without any problems! That is incredible, thank you so much for this great product.

I have been playing around with it trying to figure out what is the best way to use it and found a couple of bugs.

First of all, if airplay is turned on and streaming to the device, there is no way of changing audio input to anything else. The interface responds, switches playback to mpd or spotify, but the signal keeps on coming from airplay and from airplay only, until I turn off the streaming on the source.

Even if I do turn it off, the interface does not recover until the device is rebooted. It is stil navigateable and I can even play a song from a library, but the playback window looks like this and queue is empty.

I have tried this several times and it always works in the same fashion. I am using airfoil on a mac as the source of airplay signal.

Also, separately from this issue, the global random option in mpd settings doesn't switch on for some reason. After I press save settings it just goes back to off and the amount of tracks to be added in the end of the queue becomes 0.

Here is the debug info:

https://paste.ee/p/k0NEs
drjff

Re: Airplay hangs the UI.

Postby drjff » 02 Sep 2015, 23:56

Is there a way to reboot the UI without rebooting the device?
drjff

Re: Airplay hangs the UI.

Postby hondagx35 » 03 Sep 2015, 00:47

Hi drjff,

Is there a way to reboot the UI without rebooting the device?

Navigate to http://runeaudio/dev or your-ip/dev.

First of all, if airplay is turned on and streaming to the device, there is no way of changing audio input to anything else. The interface responds, switches playback to mpd or spotify, but the signal keeps on coming from airplay and from airplay only, until I turn off the streaming on the source.

I'll check this tomorrow.

Frank
hondagx35

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report