[Addon] Addons Menu - Install addons the easy way

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] Addons Menu - Install addons the easy way

Postby ianhaynes » 25 Nov 2017, 19:16

Having tried manually uninstalling both the Youtube addon and the Addon itself I could still not get the Addon menu to work, so I decided to rebuild the SD card.

That went well initially. I got the basic system working and then installed the Addons package. Having done that I then installed the Backup Addon, so far so good. I then installed the Extended fonts Addon which seemed to install correctly but then the system hung with a '404 Not Found' Nginx error page. Tried looking at the card via SSH and that couldn't connect.

The Addons seem to be unstable on 0.4b for some reason. I have another card running 0.4 20160313 and all the Addons have worked on that, including the Youtube one.

Ian
Pi 2, Ver. 0.5b, IQAudio DAC+
ianhaynes

Postby ianhaynes » 26 Nov 2017, 17:27

Decided to rebuild 0.4b once more. Having got it set up I installed the Addons.

Extended the memory - successful
Upgraded MPD - successful (36:06 mins)
Fonts extension - successful this time
Youtube - said it installed successfully but didn't work
Rebooted in case that was necessary.
Opened the Addons menu, which Synced time and then updated (despite being newly installed??)
The Addons menu said that the Youtube addon wasn't installed (?)
Closed the Addon menu to check whether Youtube icon/link was still on the Queue panel which it was, although it still didn't work.
Tried to open the Addon menu again but now nothing happens. Rebooted - no change.

Hope something here may help debug whatever is going on.

Ian
ianhaynes

Postby rern » 28 Nov 2017, 04:52

Hi guys,

Sorry for the mess.

What happened?:
- RuneAudio 0.4b downloads and uses jQuery UI with <script src="https://code.jquery.com/ui/1.12.0/jquery-ui.js"></script>
- Previous RuneUI Enhancement update switched from online download to a local file instead by commenting out the jQuery UI script line.
- This brought an issue as the line in footer.php is the last line with no trailing new line.
- A script for show/hide items feature, hammer.min.js, which was appended to the file with echo command ended up in the same line as jquery-ui.js. So it was also commented out which caused error for the feature.
- Then along came the mess.
- Tried to fix it by inserting a new line during Addons Menu installation but it left a lot of blank lines after multiple updates.
- Tried with heredoc but it just made the code cleaner, no escaped single quotes '"'"' > '.
- Tried to get rid of the blank lines with sed command and it worked.
- Since heredoc and sed modified the same file, moved heredoc lines to sed to do it in single command.
- No escaped single quotes in heredoc must be escaped in sed but I missed it.
- Appending lines to the end with sed, There's even no more blank lines in the first place.

Now it was fixed. Please uninstall > reinstall Addons Menu

By the way, a by-product of the fixing process is a feature like a silver bullet to restore RuneUI to default in case of something was wrong.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Browser URL:
< RuneAudio_IP >/restoreui.php
---------------------------------------------------------------
- available after install / update / reinstall Addons Menu
- RuneUI restored to default (header.php, playback.php, footer.php with Addons Menu ready)
- click Menu > Addons to reinstall Addons Menu
- installed addons show update status
- update each addon to get them back
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby ianhaynes » 28 Nov 2017, 13:23

Brilliant, thanks for fixing this!

The conflict with the YouTube addon is resolved too and this now works on 0.4b.

Your work on these addons is very much appreciated.

Ian
ianhaynes

Postby gyula.borsos » 04 Dec 2017, 11:15

Thanks for this future!!!!
gyula.borsos

Postby ianhaynes » 05 Dec 2017, 20:17

Having updated the kernel described in Janui's post, it appears to have broken the Addons and I'm unable to get them back.

The first issue was that having updated the kernel, trying to launch the Addons gave an 'Unable to connect to the Addon server' message. I verified this wasn't a server issue by using another card copy. I then used the /restoreui.php. This allowed me to restore the Addons. Having done so the Lyrics addon appared to work but wouldn't save any Lyric I tried to add. Once in editing mode none of the fucntions (close or save) work. I then discovered that the main addons panel wouldn't then launch. I went though the uninstall / reinstall and replicated the same scenario.

The card I updated the kernel on already had the addons installed, so maybe the kernel needs to be updated before the addons are installed. I'll try that.

Ian
ianhaynes

Postby clriis » 24 Jan 2018, 08:44

Hi,

Would it be possible for somebody to make a step by step manual on how to implement addons properly in version 0.4b?

Thanks in advance.
------
RaspPi 3
Allo Boss DAC
0.4b (build: 20170229)
clriis

Postby rern » 27 Jan 2018, 09:06

Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby clriis » 28 Jan 2018, 13:40

Thanks "rern"

I did the install as specified <wget -qN --show-progress https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio_Addon ... nstall.sh; chmod +x install.sh; ./install.sh> and the script installed without errors.

But when I select Menu>Addons I get a black page with a "Connecting" text and symbol indefinitely until I refresh the browser and the page returns to the former.

What should I do?
-------
RaspPi 3
Allo Boss DAC
0.4b (build: 20170229)
clriis

Postby rern » 28 Jan 2018, 14:10

clriis wrote:...
But when I select Menu>Addons I get a black page with a "Connecting" text and symbol indefinitely until I refresh the browser and the page returns to the former.

Sorry. It's my mistake to upload an incomplete script for the latest update a couple hour ago.
Please uninstall:
Code: Select all
uninstall_addo.sh

Then reinstall it again.
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi