[Addon] Addons Menu - Install addons the easy way

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: [Addon] Addons Menu - Install addons the easy way

Postby Ripa » 27 Aug 2018, 10:19

Hi Rern,

everything seems to work perfect now.
is there a way to switch update off i have make an back up.

that way i first test the new version before i change the update.

thanks man for all the work...
Ripa

Postby Ripa » 27 Aug 2018, 10:24

Hi Rern,

if i switch power off the display wich connected to the raspberry goes on and off
how can i fix this?

thanks
Ripa
Ripa

Postby flup2017 » 29 Aug 2018, 19:22

Hi
I am having problems installing the MPD upgrade from Addons, after a fresh install of V0.4b_270229 on a 4 GB card on my RPi3 + 7" touchscreen. My workflow was as follows:

* Flash reformatted SD card and boot up, establish WiFi, DAC etc.
* Install Addons menu from command line
* Addons > Expand partition (needed by MPD upgrade)
* Addons > Upgrade MPD

This last step has failed twice and it seems to be a one-way ticket, which is only recoverable by starting the whole process again. I wanted to do the upgrade because currently the RuneUI enhancements' swiping functions to access the library and queue don't work on my setup (although everything else does). I thought I should try Chrome browser to fix this, which requires the MPD update.

FYI, when I type mpd -V I get:

mpd: relocation error: /usr/lib/libssh.so.4: symbol gcry_mpi_ec_decode_point version GCRYPT_1.6 not defined in file libgcrypt.so.20 with link time reference

Any help would be greatly appreciated please. Otherwise I'll have to make do with leaving the top and bottom bars on to access the library, which would be a shame.
Thanks in advance...
Flup
flup2017

Postby rern » 30 Aug 2018, 13:26

@flup2017,

MPD Upgrade was fixed to work with the latest 0.20.21.

Chromium is reportedly somewhat better than Midori but the swipe issue may not be gone.
Is it just on your RPi screen or every devices?

rern
rAudio @ https://github.com/rern/rAudio-1
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi 3B > SMSL M8 DAC
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby flup2017 » 30 Aug 2018, 18:32

Hi rern - thanks for getting back so quick.

I only really use the RPI touch-screen as I'm slightly old-fashioned. I vaguely recall that the "swiping" worked on my laptop browser though.

Do you mean that I shouldn't run MPD update unless I am already running 0.20.21? Or do you mean that after a successful update I will have 0.20.21? I don't think there is anything special about my configuration, so perhaps other people have had the same problem? If it's any help I can go through the reflash / install process again and post the full MPD update logfile.

Currently I can probably get by with the default MPD packaged with V0.4b, but I'm worried that in six months I won't be able to apply new addons/updates.

Thanks
F

RPI3, 7" official screen, HiFiBerry DAC+, V0.4beta_20170229
flup2017

Postby rern » 01 Sep 2018, 05:08

@flup2017,

Actually, both MPD Upgrade and Chromium Browser make RuneAudio perform better. If you know how to get back when things gone wrong then go ahead.

The swipe issue:
Both Swipe and Long-press are together from jquery.mobile library.
- Can you do the long-press to toggle items on/off?

Please try the swipe:
- After Chromium installed on current setting
- After reflash SD card with RuneUI Enhancement installed (without Chromium)

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby Ripa » 03 Sep 2018, 14:58

Rern,

is there a way to make wifi connection more stable FI Spotify
each time it lost connection i use also bupple upnp for tidal and qobus
but it stays the same.

with both wifi and cable

regards,
Ripa
Ripa

Re: [Addon] Addons Menu - Blank screen

Postby erpol » 10 Sep 2018, 14:19

Hi,

Thanks for this great "addon of addons"!

I just installed it from ssh and all went well, but when I'm on the Runeaudio UI and I go to the addons menu, I just get the page title (Logo+Addons), then below "196 Mb free - 5,31Gb expandable", then nothing at all below. I suppose that's where all the addons are supposed to be displayed, right ?

The Hardware is a Pi3 with a Hifiberry Dac+ card, and Runeaudio is the "official" build from the d/l section of the site, upgraded via ssh. I didn't find any way to assess the exact Runeaudio version from the UI, is it possible ?
I'm using the lot as a "blind" Dlna / Airplay terminal, and it works fine although sometimes unstable and needs reboot.

Any thoughts or help would be great. Thanks!

RP
erpol

Re: [Addon] Addons Menu - Blank screen

Postby rern » 10 Sep 2018, 16:37

Ripa wrote:is there a way to make wifi connection more stable FI Spotify
each time it lost connection i use also bupple upnp for tidal and qobus
but it stays the same.

I've never used WiFi on RPi and it was disabled on mine.

erpol wrote:...
I just installed it from ssh and all went well, but when I'm on the Runeaudio UI and I go to the addons menu, I just get the page title (Logo+Addons), then below "196 Mb free - 5,31Gb expandable", then nothing at all below. I suppose that's where all the addons are supposed to be displayed, right ?

Try Frank's 0.4b.

rern
Raspberry Pi 4B
Raspberry Pi Zero W
rern

Postby erpol » 10 Sep 2018, 17:08

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I did just that, and yes, the addons do work on the 0.4b (build 20170229).

But the huge problem I have with this build, which i've used before, is that for some inexplicable reason the output level of the Hifiberry card is about 10 times lower than with the official build. This is while trying them out on the Raspi right after burning the sd, before any settings changes.

I've tried about everything I could think of, but nothing fixes this (including upgrading the Mpd with the addons installed).

So I'm stuck in this conundrum: Either I use the old official version but without any possibility of addons, or I use the new one but with a much too low output level...

RP

(Update) I can install any addon through ssh on version 0.3, so I did it to expand the partition (that went well), and to update the mpd and install Chromium. Everything in the install went fine, but the "debug" menu option still reports version 0.19 for the mpd. This is becoming complicated!!!

Post scriptum: The command line I used to install the Mpd upgrade is:
Code: Select all
wget -qN --show-progress https://github.com/rern/RuneAudio/raw/master/mpd/install.sh; chmod +x install.sh; ./install.sh

I inferred it from other installs, and it worked, with the end message "mpd updated to 20.21", but it does still report the mpd as being 0.19.
Was this correct?
erpol

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi