no connection to app and can't start startx

Raspberry Pi related support

no connection to app and can't start startx

Postby daroox » 25 Jan 2018, 19:39

Hello
Runeaudio was working fine yesterday today it stopped working, that is, no music and the app couldn't start/connect. I can see it has an IP address. So I connected it to a screen via HDMI and started it, usually if one waits it automatic seeally goes to graphical interface but it didn't... So I logged in as root and I can browse through files... But I lack the expertise to debug... Can anybody point me to right direction
Thanks in advance
HW: raspberry pi 2
Runeaudio 0.3
daroox

Re: no connection to app and can't start startx

Postby janui » 26 Jan 2018, 11:52

Hi daroox,
There are 4 possibilities: Power supply problems, Rune needs to be reset, your Micro-SD card has a problem, or (very unlikely) the PI is broken.
    1. If you can, try another power supply. If not, watch the red led when starting up. The red led must stay on.
    2. The following actions will break rerns Add-Ons menu. If this is installed, you will need to remove and reinstall it later.
    Make sure you have a wired ethernet connection, I am not sure it it will work correctly over WiFi.
    Code: Select all
    redis-cli set playerid ‘’
    /var/www/command/rune_shutdown poweroff
    shutdown -P now
    Give it time to shut down, then pull out the plug, plug in to restart. If the problem is not fixed try this:
    Code: Select all
    redis-cli set playerid ‘’
    redis-cli set hwplatformid ‘’
    /var/www/command/rune_shutdown poweroff
    shutdown -P now
    Give it time to shut down, then pull out the plug, plug in to restart.
    If this works, some of your settings will be lost. Check the MPD and the settings UI and correct any changed values.
    3. Plug the Micro-SD card into a PC. You will get a series of messages asking to format the card, click these away. If you get a message requesting to check the disk select it. Otherwise when it is mounted run a check disk on the SD card. Then try again. If the problem is not fixed, then I suspect the image on your SD card is damaged. Reflash it and try again.
janui
janui

Postby hondagx35 » 26 Jan 2018, 15:11

Hi daroox,

most likely your image (SD card) is corrupted.
Did you pull the plug without proper shutdown?

Frank
hondagx35

Postby dirtylarry » 27 Jan 2018, 15:52

daroox wrote:Hello
Runeaudio was working fine yesterday today it stopped working, that is, no music and the app couldn't start/connect. I can see it has an IP address. So I connected it to a screen via HDMI and started it, usually if one waits it automatic seeally goes to graphical interface but it didn't... So I logged in as root and I can browse through files... But I lack the expertise to debug... Can anybody point me to right direction
Thanks in advance
HW: raspberry pi 2
Runeaudio 0.3
What ip is it showing as?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
dirtylarry

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi