A few random bugs

Please report any bug found here

A few random bugs

Postby barndoor101 » 03 May 2015, 21:36

Been using Rune for about a month and have a few issues, not sure if they are known or not but here goes:

- When navigating through the library sometimes pressing 'back' takes you to the genres list, or doesn't work at all. I found this happens more often if you have selected a song to play then navigate back.
- Rebuilding the library doesn't update tags if they have changed. To update I have to move the files back to my machine, rebuild the library without them present, change the tags, then move them back across to the NAS and rebuild.

To be honest, I love Rune. It's much better and more stable than Volumio, just these few annoyances detract slightly!
barndoor101

Re: A few random bugs

Postby hondagx35 » 03 May 2015, 22:05

Hi,

- When navigating through the library sometimes pressing 'back' takes you to the genres list, or doesn't work at all. I found this happens more often if you have selected a song to play then navigate back.

I never heard about this.
Please can you give us more infos.
- Browser and OS?
- updates installed?

- Rebuilding the library doesn't update tags if they have changed. To update I have to move the files back to my machine, rebuild the library without them present, change the tags, then move them back across to the NAS and rebuild.

MPD will only rescan a file already in the database if its modification time has changed. Some ID3 taggers will restore the old modification time when changing ID3 tags. This means that the MP3 will not be rescanned and the new tags will not be used.

Frank
hondagx35

Re: A few random bugs

Postby barndoor101 » 06 May 2015, 09:58

Browser is latest Chrome, OS is Win7. Rune is running on a Pi2 so its 0.3beta.

I'll try and take a video of it happening, but from what I can gather, it happens when I select a song. The song starts playing, but when I click Back, it either goes back to the initial library view, or somehow goes to the genres.

Cheers for the rescanning tip - I am using MP3tagger which preserves the modified date, so I have turned that feature off.
barndoor101

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Bug report