8812au driver for Edimax EW-7811UTC

Raspberry Pi related support

8812au driver for Edimax EW-7811UTC

Postby f3rn4nd0d » 04 Aug 2015, 21:42

Hi, I've just purchased an Edimax EW-7811UTC USB Wi-Fi dongle and there are no drivers for it (or at least Im not able to find them). I've found a tutorial to make it work in Raspbian (Volumio) here:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 3&p=782878

But no luck whatsoever for Runeaudio.

Any hints or tutorials?

Thanks a lot / Fernando
f3rn4nd0d

Re: 8812au driver for Edimax EW-7811UTC

Postby AlleyCat » 21 Nov 2016, 13:59

Hi,
I am also looking for 8812au drivers to work with Rune Audio. I updated the kernel and that wasn't sufficient to make the drivers work. I can do basic Linux commands, but have no skill or desire to compile. I would greatly appreciate instructions to make Rune works with Edimax ac 600 that needs the 8812au drivers.

Thanks,

AlleyCat
AlleyCat

Re: 8812au driver for Edimax EW-7811UTC

Postby anandfr » 02 Jul 2017, 22:46

Hello to all,
I have started using RuneAudio several years ago, but just signed up for this forum to post this.
A few days ago, I have purchased a Netgear Wifi USB adapter, model AC A6100, which uses the same chipset as the Edimax mentioned in this thread : RTL 8812au.

Kernel module was not available for kernel in RuneAudio v0.3 (3.12.26-1-ARCH), so I have just compiled it, for armv6 processor type, from latest source downloaded from git repository https://github.com/gnab/rtl8812au .
I have installed it on my RPI Model 1 B today, and tried it on RuneAudio, with spotify, and its works perfectly.
It will work for sure on all RPI models with armv6 (model, 1, 1B, 1B+), but also probably newest PI models.
If it does not work, please tell me, and I will try compile it specifically for these models.

You will be able to download the module file '8812au.ko.gz' from
this link.

How to install:
- copy the file onto you PI, in folder "/lib/modules/3.12.26-1-ARCH/kernel/drivers/net/wireless"
- ssh into your PI, and type command:
Code: Select all
depmod

- then, I have configured my wifi network manually, using "wifi-menu" command from a shell.
It has created a profile for my network.
- so that the wifi connection is done automatically at boot, I have issue following command:
Code: Select all
systemctl enable netctl-auto@<name of wifi profile>.service

Remark: you may also try wifi configuration from RuneUI web interface.

Don't hesitate to tell me it it works for you or not.
Thanks for reading.
anandfr

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Return to Raspberry Pi