0.4 beta -release date?

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: 0.4 beta -release date?

Postby Velociraptor » 05 Sep 2016, 07:21

ACX wrote:Hi Velociraptor,

The main and only reason behind the poor communication and the delay of our releases is the lack of time. Both Simone and I are working really hard lately, so our free time has become very limited. We are sorry for that but we can't dedicate as much time as we with to RuneAudio. Anyway, we have worked a lot in the latest months in the new version of the system (which is basically a full refactor and will be tagged with a 2.0 version), and we are quite close to a first usable alpha release.
In the meanwhile, anyone who has practical dev skills (PHP, JS, Linux) and wants to help us to deliver this new version as soon as possible, please contact me directly. Thank you for the patience and support.

I thank you very much for this great post !
Hoping to see soon more of this :)
Velociraptor

Postby TJH » 08 Sep 2016, 21:58

HI Frank
Just checking after a few months away.
Great to hear that progress is being made and I'm looking forward to 2.0! Yay.
Keep up the good work - I wish I had some useful skills to offer (but unless taking your tonsils out would be of any use I don't!).
Tim
TJH

Postby ACX » 20 Sep 2016, 22:04

Aquarius wrote:Note that as the Donnation posts you write only take a couple of minutes a day, a similar weekly account of what part of the code, what bugs are beeing thorny, etc... wouldn't take very long to write either.

Not only a couple of minutes a day for that, unfortunately :( and since I'm already committing hours on coding, I find hard to find further time to do "boring" (but important) stuff like writing documentation, roadmaps and changelogs.
Speaking of documentation, our call for help didn't produce great results so far. We'd be grateful to receive some help at least on that front where no particular tech skills are required.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby Velociraptor » 30 Sep 2016, 20:39

I checked the doc's and it seems pretty well done for me :?
Velociraptor

Postby KHatfull » 15 Dec 2016, 23:13

I too as a user and monthly contributor am anxious for 2.0 to make an appearance.

But I gotta be honest...0.3 serves my needs very well...it's better than any other alternative I've tried. Volumio lasted about 10 minutes on my spare SD card. All the yammering and ill will being pointed at the dev team for 2.0 to me is sort of misplaced. 0.3 is already better than the other choices IMHO. Improvement is icing on the cake but since I have a great system to use now I can be patient.

When 2.0 shows I'm sure it will be great. In the mean time I choose to use that which is already great.
Synology DS214+ -> RP3 -> Hifiberry Digi+ -> Audio-Gd NOS1704 (coax) -> Audio-GD C-2 preamp/headphone amp ->

1) Yamaha M-4 Power Amp -> Energy Pro 22 Speakers OR 2) HiFiMan HE-400i

Audio Nirvana!!!
KHatfull

Postby Yatsushiro » 16 Dec 2016, 09:41

KHatfull wrote:When 2.0 shows I'm sure it will be great. In the mean time I choose to use that which is already great.

Ditto.

Given up totally with Moode, occasionally I load up a Volumio update, but I keep coming back to Rune. In all honesty, for the music I listen to, on the equipment with which I listen, there's not a lot more that I need that is not there already in the current Rune, other than full support for the Piano DAC 2.1

Openmediavault NAS on Pi1, into Pi2+IQAudioDAC+ & Pi3+Kali+Mamboberry/Piano into TPA3116 & TDA7498 amps into Mission 761 & Q Acoustics 3020 speakers
Yatsushiro

Postby dynobot » 17 Dec 2016, 02:59

I too agree, Rune is great and has continued to beat out most every other ARM player out there [Volumio, Moode, Picoreplayer etc] tried everything I can get my hands on and even made my own debian/MPD and debian/Squeezelite players. However I keep coming back to Rune.

Myself and probably countless others visit in hopes of an update. What I fear most is this project fading away into nothing. Linux has a long history of dead projects that started out great. I applaud the dev's for their efforts, but realistically this project should be handed over to other dev's with more free time. I can't blame the current dev's for putting their real lives/families etc. first. However this project deserves to live a stronger more active life which can be provided by new parents.

Thanks Rune team for getting this far, but please consider seeking out someone or people who have the time, energy and know how so that Rune can be more actively developed.
dynobot

Postby dynobot » 22 Dec 2016, 13:30

ACX wrote:
Aquarius wrote:Note that as the Donnation posts you write only take a couple of minutes a day, a similar weekly account of what part of the code, what bugs are beeing thorny, etc... wouldn't take very long to write either.

Not only a couple of minutes a day for that, unfortunately :( and since I'm already committing hours on coding, I find hard to find further time to do "boring" (but important) stuff like writing documentation, roadmaps and changelogs.
Speaking of documentation, our call for help didn't produce great results so far. We'd be grateful to receive some help at least on that front where no particular tech skills are required.

Well, not wanting to be one who just complains, I would like to contribute to writing documentation, roadmaps etc. Sad to say as a 99% user my coding skills are next to nill....but I'm willing to learn :D
dynobot

Postby Velociraptor » 26 May 2017, 23:00

hello @AKX, another 8 Month after your last post here and I wanted to know how things are going? Is there anything to announce? any timeline or help you would need or we could offer to see the next version coming?
I hate to repeat myself but some better information flow would be great!
Velociraptor

Postby RPRPi » 05 Sep 2017, 17:21

Yeah, so its at this point 3 YEARS later that I don't see a 0.4 beta. Rune Audio, if you're reading, this is appalling. Telling us that weeks was between us users and the release, was massively off, you were clearly not even close. Please, instead of lying, just honestly tell us. Your 0.3 software for raspberry pi is great, beside the fact that the wifi doesn't work. I'd have liked to have used 0.4, but am now switching to another raspberry pi music player because clearly you guys don't care about truthfully giving us release dates. I have searched the internet for 0.4, but apparently its not out. Very disappointed especially considering I loved using the Rune Audio software... :!: :!: :!: :| :| :|
RPRPi

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi