Raspberry Pi related support

Re: 0.4 beta -release date?

Postby TommyBoy » 27 Apr 2016, 18:41

is this the 0.4 thread ??
release info ?
test results ?
bug info ?
suggest features ?

one bug found : RPI3 and hifiberry I2C : WAV files time is not possible to change while play, MP3 time change works perfectly.
TommyBoy

Postby Filip » 28 Apr 2016, 19:55

@rastus - hey man, chill out. Nobody's rushing anybody. I'm a big fan of this project, thus interested in it's development. Since when asking is bad? Am I complaining? Just interested how things are going.
Filip

Postby hondagx35 » 28 Apr 2016, 20:45

Hi,

TommyBoy wrote:is this the 0.4 thread ??

No it isn't.
TommyBoy wrote:one bug found : RPI3 and hifiberry I2C : WAV files time is not possible to change while play, MP3 time change works perfectly.

Thank you for reporting this. I'm able to reproduce, but have no idea what is going wrong here.

Frank
hondagx35

Postby Frost_dk » 28 Apr 2016, 22:44

Hi.
Just for your knowledge,
I have the same problem, and it doesn´t matters which dac im using.. AIFF files can also be tricky when changing time in a song..

Rune frost
Frost_dk

Postby TommyBoy » 28 Apr 2016, 23:06

is this the 0.4 thread ??
No it isn't.

OK where do we repport this simple and very easy to reproduce bug ?
it worked in 0.3 (but I upgraded to pi3 wanted more cpu speed)
TommyBoy

Postby rastus » 29 Apr 2016, 00:14

Filip wrote:@rastus - hey man, chill out. Nobody's rushing anybody. I'm a big fan of this project, thus interested in it's development. Since when asking is bad? Am I complaining? Just interested how things are going.

@Filip > Ummmm, I'm cool as a cucumber brother, thanks for the 'advice' though. I didn't say you were "rushing" anybody. What I meant was, it's already been asked a number of times, the admins have already answered it a number of times. I just think... well... "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting a different result." - This quotation has been attributed to Albert Einstein, but there is no evidence that he ever used it. Anyway, enjoy your cucumber (and ignore me like I'll ignore you). Thank you.
rastus

Postby Velociraptor » 26 Aug 2016, 11:57

hello fellows runeaudio users I wanted to know if there is some progress since I cant find any evidence of that I thought maybe I am looking at the wrong place

Is there gonna be a 0.4 for my rpi1 ?
Whats the reason for such a closed source, when you actually are open source? Dont be affraid of volumio.
Why are you not using gitlab or githab so you can use the ContinousIntegration and CDelivery which they are building for so many platforms this would benefit your speed in development.

I find it sad that there seems no plan or milestone or anything so users could possible imagine that there is progress .... yes you always say there is. Last news post is from May. Last Announcement from Dec '15.
Maybe I would even help if I could but when as a user I cant see any goal than I am not gonna be helping to build this.

And it feels strange that the thread with the Donations gets the most love. Of course you are greatfull for the donations but does one need to write this by hand? Maybe an automated Page would be good enough?

I really would like to stress that this community is great and I love the project it gives my rpi a new purpose. And I also think that development would go a lot quicker with them.

But man am I disappointed with the communication.
Maybe you could fix this by telling me if there is some central dev info and that I dont need to roam all threads to see actual boundary pushing.

A slightly sad Dinosaur ^^
Velociraptor

Postby ACX » 29 Aug 2016, 13:38

Hi Velociraptor,

The main and only reason behind the poor communication and the delay of our releases is the lack of time. Both Simone and I are working really hard lately, so our free time has become very limited. We are sorry for that but we can't dedicate as much time as we with to RuneAudio. Anyway, we have worked a lot in the latest months in the new version of the system (which is basically a full refactor and will be tagged with a 2.0 version), and we are quite close to a first usable alpha release.

Velociraptor wrote:Is there gonna be a 0.4 for my rpi1 ?

We'll skip directly to 2.0 at this point.

Velociraptor wrote:Whats the reason for such a closed source, when you actually are open source? Dont be affraid of volumio.
Why are you not using gitlab or githab so you can use the ContinousIntegration and CDelivery which they are building for so many platforms this would benefit your speed in development.

Please check this post. No closed source at all, we only want to have a stable base before making it public.

Velociraptor wrote:I find it sad that there seems no plan or milestone or anything so users could possible imagine that there is progress .... yes you always say there is. Last news post is from May. Last Announcement from Dec '15.
Maybe I would even help if I could but when as a user I cant see any goal than I am not gonna be helping to build this.

In a tradeoff between real development and communication we gave priority to the first one. I agree with you that we need to be more transparent with our progress, but that also requires time that it's currently hard to find for us :(

Velociraptor wrote:And it feels strange that the thread with the Donations gets the most love. Of course you are greatfull for the donations but does one need to write this by hand? Maybe an automated Page would be good enough?

I prefer to personally thank each contributor, it feels more human than an automated script. It only takes me a couple of minutes per day, so we think it's worth.

Velociraptor wrote:But man am I disappointed with the communication.
Maybe you could fix this by telling me if there is some central dev info and that I dont need to roam all threads to see actual boundary pushing.

I promise we'll improve this after the release of the 2.0, it's already on our roadmap.

In the meanwhile, anyone who has practical dev skills (PHP, JS, Linux) and wants to help us to deliver this new version as soon as possible, please contact me directly. Thank you for the patience and support.
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby smallfat » 01 Sep 2016, 06:13

Hi ACX,

Welcome to hear your statement.
Another player show a very example.
It give user a clear information that users know what bug fix have been done and
what devices are compatible with the player.

http://moodeaudio.org
http://moodeaudio.org/docs/relnotes.txt

smallfat
smallfat

Postby Aquarius » 01 Sep 2016, 14:57

I've been very disapointed by Mood for their communication around open source. He basically said to me "yes it's open source, check the "Credits" page for where to find the sources" ... with no regards whatsoever to publishing his own modified version of GPL code or whatever/

Yes, Mood works __also__ well. No arguing that.

@ACX
Yes, that communication statement is very welcome and I look forward to testing 2.0 alpha.

Note that as the Donnation posts you write only take a couple of minutes a day, a similar weekly account of what part of the code, what bugs are beeing thorny, etc... wouldn't take very long to write either. I believe that's what the "angry" mob out there is saying.

Kind regards,

smallfat wrote:Hi ACX,

Welcome to hear your statement.
Another player show a very example.
It give user a clear information that users know what bug fix have been done and
what devices are compatible with the player.

http://moodeaudio.org
http://moodeaudio.org/docs/relnotes.txt

smallfat
-- Aquarius
Hifi Gear: RuneAudio/Volumio on Raspberry Pi B + Hifibery Digi, Atoll ST200 (network streamer, DAC, pre-amp), Emotiva XPA-2, Bowers & Wilkins 683
Aquarius

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

PreviousNext

Return to Raspberry Pi