0.3 beta Unable to create wireless profile

Raspberry Pi related support

Re: 0.3 beta Unable to create wireless profile

Postby ACX » 02 Apr 2015, 01:29

Hi, can you test the latest version of the code in the dev branch and report if that works in your setup?
ACX
RuneAudio co-founder

Postby J@r0d » 05 Apr 2015, 03:54

After update with Dev is ok for me
J@r0d

Postby jackfunkhouser » 14 Apr 2015, 02:48

It only works for me if I run the wireless network open, no security. Not a great solution. I don't like my network open.
jackfunkhouser

Postby jackfunkhouser » 15 Apr 2015, 03:53

ACX wrote:Hi, can you test the latest version of the code in the dev branch and report if that works in your setup?

How do I run the commands this? Is it from a terminal window? If so how do I get to it?
jackfunkhouser

Postby hondagx35 » 15 Apr 2015, 08:11

Hi jackfunkhouser,

are there any special characters (like space, / or \) in your password?
If so please try to quote your password, enter it in quotes (like "my password").

How do I run the commands this? Is it from a terminal window? If so how do I get to it?

You have to ssh into your pi from an other PC, or connect a monitor and keyboard.

SSH is built into Linux distributions and Mac OS, and a third-party SSH client is available for Windows. See the following guides for using SSH depending on the operating system used by the computer you are connecting from:

Linux & Mac OS
Windows

Frank
hondagx35

Postby jackfunkhouser » 16 Apr 2015, 03:35

I have to use an app like putty. Cool I can do that.
jackfunkhouser

Postby bevlar » 16 Apr 2015, 10:26

If there is a space in your SSID it will replace the whitespace with %. It doesn't happen every time maybe 8 or 9 times out of ten.

If this happens you can edit the config file from putty/terminal with the following command:

Code: Select all
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Replace the the % with a space and check that your key is correct, then press Ctrl+x, y then enter to save and exit.

Reboot and it should connect.
bevlar

Postby jackfunkhouser » 26 Apr 2015, 03:48

jackfunkhouser wrote:
ACX wrote:Hi, can you test the latest version of the code in the dev branch and report if that works in your setup?

I tried the nightly build. It now seems to build the profile but it won't connect wirelessly. What's interesting is that I took it to my friends house before I tried the nightly build and it connects to his wireless network no problem but still not mine. Somehow it has to be a setting on my router.
jackfunkhouser

Postby jackfunkhouser » 26 Apr 2015, 03:57

jackfunkhouser wrote:
jackfunkhouser wrote:

I tried the nightly build. It now seems to build the profile but it won't connect wirelessly. What's interesting is that I took it to my friends house before I tried the nightly build and it connects to his wireless network no problem but still not mine. Somehow it has to be a setting on my router.

Hold on... I deleted the profile and created it again and now its connected. Thanks!
jackfunkhouser

support RuneAudio Donate with PayPal

Previous

Return to Raspberry Pi